C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why C3 Corvette over a pre-built FFR 65 coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gluvnaa
... I love the looks of both so driving each would be great deciding factor.

Keep the inputs coming,
Andrew
Yes & finding a C3 to drive should be easy. Note there is a high perf. FE7 sus.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:32 AM
fauxrs2
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well FFR doesnt pre-build any of their kits, so youre left with three options:
  1. Build it yourself - kit cost $21k and probably a minimum 15k or so to do a reasonable build yourself
  2. Pay a shop to build it for you - kit cost $21k and double the do it yourself cost (minimum)
  3. Buy a used one form another owner, well these cars arent exactly all over the used car market right now and the quality kits draw decent coin, still probably looking at a minimum of $40k

The daytona coupe is a pretty car that performs as well, If I could afford a replica I'd consider it but not for a driver. A driver has to have a decent sound system, operable windows (not plexi side curtains) and some sound/heat deadener and those other creature comforts which are uncommon in race car replicas.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:14 PM
ed1655
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you can actually find a type 65 coupe in as good shape as a c3 for that price range, it's a difficult choice. btw, i don't find it the least bit odd that you would post this on a vette forum. you probably posted the same on a FFR forum so that you could get both sides of the story. just afew things to consider:
1) most bread and butter mechanics can easily work on your vette to some extent, b/c in essence, it's really just an old chevy, and everyone has worked on one of those!
2) easier on the vette to have amenities such as a/c, stereo, power windows, etc. of course you can install some stuff into the 65 but i doubt that windows that even open are a possibility
3) vette = ability to have open air cruising whether you get a vert or t-tops you're pretty much set, if you're into that.
4) is the 65 street legal? something to check on. can you insure it easily? can you get an "agreed" value policy?
5) owning an american icon vs owning a replica of a FORD
6) with the vette you get this kicka$$ forum!
good luck with the decision!
- Evan

Quick Reply: Why C3 Corvette over a pre-built FFR 65 coupe?