Sponsored by:

Kick panel side vent door Seal

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 11:07 PM
GPGG70
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Kick panel side vent door Seal

I'm rebuilding my heater & Ac. I decided to rebuild the side door vent once I hunkkerd down and looked at how jacked up the seal on the door was not to mention I better do it now while I can get to it with ease before I put the heater core/housing back in.
My Question is about the seal instalation. Are all the rivets on the door need to be removed to seperate the door to install the new seal?
I should get the seal tomorrow or tuesday. Just want to have the door ready to go back together once the seal arrives.
Is there any tricks of the trade working with the rivets on the door?
Thanks for any info.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:32 AM
GPGG70
Drifting

Never mind, I figured it out and got it going.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:51 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,715 Likes on 2,273 Posts

If you have a Michael's Craft Store in your area, you can buy a single sheet of black "craft foam" (8" x 10") for about a buck. That is the exact stuff to replace that seal. Just drill out the rivets, clean and paint the metal pieces, cut the seal to the right size (which will be somewhat bigger than what you have left on the old one), assemble the parts, and Pop-Rivet it together. Piece-of-cake.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:45 PM
GPGG70
Drifting

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
If you have a Michael's Craft Store in your area, you can buy a single sheet of black "craft foam" (8" x 10") for about a buck. That is the exact stuff to replace that seal. Just drill out the rivets, clean and paint the metal pieces, cut the seal to the right size (which will be somewhat bigger than what you have left on the old one), assemble the parts, and Pop-Rivet it together. Piece-of-cake.
7T1vette,
Dang, just one dollar? I new if I posted this sooner I would be lead to the same or better material then what I had ordered. Oh well.
Thanks for the information. Thats what I did today was strip the door apart and painted but will attempt to install the original rivets once the kit arrives. If the original style rivets are too difficult to manage the I'll put the pop rivets to it. I've been working on this project for some time now and it's time to move on. Once I install this door then eveyrthing goes back together. I may write up a paper on this whole ordeal.
Thanks Again.

Get notified of new replies

To Kick panel side vent door Seal

Quick Reply: Kick panel side vent door Seal