HEI with Tri Power?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 06:06 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by WESCH
Hi

As little as I know, the Barry tripower is very different from the GM tripower. Barry is progressive linkage double ( actually tripple ) pumper where the GM is vacuum 2ndaries.

Not sure about the Garry setup, but if it is like the ordinary holleys, then DP setups are thirsty .

I am very happy with the original GM tripower after having driven several Holley DP carbs.

Rgds. Günther
You can not compare any demon carb to some old helley carb,
Of course with a big old 4 barrel DP's cost more fuel than VS

Check with Barry Grant to learn more but the tests I saw ( which were done by BG ) showed his tri power did way better than the GM tri power in both performance and economy,
...if BG has theirs which I doubt set up to open all three carbs at the same time as you are saying I would not run mine that way....Progressive linkage..is just that and could be set up to open the second two carbs whenever you desire,....I would run off the center carb most of teh time,
GM's tri power is about a 50 YO design...it's not a reach to believe it could be improved on and done better.

Here is what is on their web site,

The SixShooter for the Chevy Big-block:

• Barry Grant’s latest SixShooter is dedicated to the Chevy Bigblock. It suits both configurations: oval and rectangular port

• This new SixShooter comprises three Demon 250-cfm twobarrel carburetors with associated throttle linkage, fuel inlets, and electric choke on the center carburetor; an elegant Triple-D intake manifold with a neat-looking water neck housing; and a distinctive Rush air cleaner arrangement.

• Because of favorable positioning of the intake runners, the Bigblock SixShooter provides an evenly distributed and finely atomized charge of fuel to the cylinders.

• The new Triple-D dual-plane intake manifold achieves maximum torque while the significant airflow of the three Demon carburetors promote maximum horsepower.

• On dynamometer tests, the SixShooter delivered 494 HP and 540 lb/ft torque compared with the Speed Demon 850, which produced 455 HP and 518 lb/ft torque.

• It’s also easy to adjust—just three screws—two for idlemixture and one for idle-speed. And, since the SixShooter cruises on its center carburetor, which is equipped with progressive throttle linkage, it is surprisingly fuel-efficient.

Sometime out of the box isnt always the answer for each person and they have to taylor it to suit their needs and desires....

Quick Reply: HEI with Tri Power?