Sponsored by:

More help on a '69

Old 03-01-2012, 10:26 PM
JoeMN34
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi Joe,
I agree, the car looks nice in the pictures and deserves a closer examination.
Did your friend take a GOOD look at the RUST situation?
Are you looking for a car that is orginal beyond the engine/trans stamps? If so, how important is originality to you?
How will you use/show/enjoy the car?
Regards,
Alan
From what he told me he said the body was solid. One of nicest he's ever seen. He said he actually met the guy before and knows him fairly well. The owner says the car is originally a Florida car too so thats a plus. While I know I may be a bit naive the seller seems very legit, and he's been good about answering questions, taking more pictures ect. I love the fact that the engine is original and I prefer Monza red over burgundy anyway. As far as everything else I'm not too terribly concerned about originality, just looking for a good driver. I just want to drive it everywhere. To the cabin, to softball/volleyball, car shows ect. or just when I'm bored and want to get the hell outta the house.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 PM
LeMans Pete
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Remember, the bodies of these cars are fiberglass. Its the frame you need to be concerned about. But, I'm sure you're buddy knows this owning a '68 and a '59.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:44 PM
JoeMN34
Instructor

Actually its the seller who owns the other two, but my friend did own a 64 back in his day so he has some knowledge. He was alluding to both body and frame, sorry I left that out.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:50 PM
JoeMN34
Instructor

Originally Posted by keithinspace
My understanding is that the console label is easy to swap. I have a 350/370 11:1 (LT-1) console label on mine, but I know it isn't what the car started out as. I'm still trying to finalize exactly what engine I actually have, though...not quite sure yet.

I have manual brakes and don't mind them one bit. Just a little more leg is all, but they feel fine.

I have manual steering and don't like it in the driveway or parking lot, but LOVE it everywhere else. If I ran over an ant on the interstate, I could feel it in the steering wheel. Not in an obtrusive way, mind you...in an informative way. I love it so much that I may have a hard time converting to power steering. Problem is that my wife really wants to drive the car and I KNOW she won't like it one bit. I'll probably convert at some point.
All the more reason to keep it the way it is!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:52 AM
KevinG
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

This looks like a GREAT buy! When I was looking for a C3 last summer, The ones I was coming across were priced around this same range that needed a restoration (whether it was full interior or a frame off resto). If everything checks out (no/minimal birdcage rust, solid dirvetrain, no frame issues) I'd jump on this. Even at $17k this is a bargain in my opinion. And with the numbers matching, thats even better

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: More help on a '69