Sponsored by:

heat riser orientation

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 07:31 PM
dugsgms74
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Default heat riser orientation

Hey everyone. Just got my Gardner exhaust in and am getting ready to install it and the exhaust manifolds(replacing headers) on my 68 L36 car. Quick question, when installing the heat riser valve, there is 3 ways to "clock" it. I assume that the arm and bi-metallic spring should be facing out board(towards the tire), is that correct? Cant seem to find a good pic on the web and the AIM is vague at best. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:22 PM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Heat Riser

Originally Posted by dugsgms74
Hey everyone. Just got my Gardner exhaust in and am getting ready to install it and the exhaust manifolds(replacing headers) on my 68 L36 car. Quick question, when installing the heat riser valve, there is 3 ways to "clock" it. I assume that the arm and bi-metallic spring should be facing out board(towards the tire), is that correct? Cant seem to find a good pic on the web and the AIM is vague at best. Thanks for the help.

Pretty sure the weight faces/points to the rear of the car. It may take some adjustment to the shielding for the weight to clear it's entire travel path.

Bill

Quick Reply: heat riser orientation