C3 Corvette for a teenager?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 09:05 PM
KingRat
Drifting

Received 867 Likes on 420 Posts

Default Good Luck

Avon-

In reading your last post, I find that you are way more mature and thoughtful than many people your age- I am a teacher in a high school. Like you, my mother, not my father, was the one who encouraged me to follow my passion and buy a Corvette. I saved my pennies and bought one when I was 17. The car looked beautiful but it was junk underneath the skin. On the plus side, that car was the one that forced me to learn how to work on Corvettes. My brother and I still buy old Corvettes to fix up for fun. With that said, I did drive an old Buick station wagon to school and most of the time. I highly encourage you to join this hobby- you will have a lifetime of fun and comradery.
Old 12-30-2020, 02:29 AM
Jaydan Arzet
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1977 Corvette

Hey, my name is Jaydan Arzet.
I live in Missouri (unpredictable weather), I'm 15 and a sophomore in Highschool. Over the past few summer I have been working with my dad in his solar business (my family designs and install solar systems for residential and commercial buildings) and in October or November I purchased a 1977 Corvette (ever since I was a little kid I wanted an early C3). I work with my dad to pay for any expenses that I can't fix but for the most part I think I'm pretty handy. My dad is very knowledgeable in cars and can often times find the problem after looking or listening to the car but sometimes he can't figure them out. In this year I have replaced curtain airbags and a dash for a wrecked 2017 GMC Acadia that my parents bought for out family (we had the body repaired and I did the interior work) and I still need to replace curtain airbags for a wrecked 2018 Camaro my parents also bought. I also replaced the master switch on my C3 corvette in an attempt to get the high beams and turning signals to work. All of this work has been improvised and learned on the go with some help from youtube lol. I am however going to take the Vette to a shop to have them work on the high beams and turn signals because they still don't work. All of this being said is there anything I should know?. Is there anything I should know? Like should I buy a new sealant for the T-tops as it looks like everyone says they leak? Anyways I just thought I'd come here for some advice.
-Thanks, Jaydan Arzet
Old 12-30-2020, 10:37 AM
Richard Daugird
Melting Slicks

Received 718 Likes on 518 Posts

You have come to the right place Jaydan. Probably better to start a new thread particular to the T-top seals.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:48 PM
ntfday
Pro

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaydan Arzet
Hey, my name is Jaydan Arzet.
I live in Missouri (unpredictable weather), I'm 15 and a sophomore in Highschool. Over the past few summer I have been working with my dad in his solar business (my family designs and install solar systems for residential and commercial buildings) and in October or November I purchased a 1977 Corvette (ever since I was a little kid I wanted an early C3). I work with my dad to pay for any expenses that I can't fix but for the most part I think I'm pretty handy. My dad is very knowledgeable in cars and can often times find the problem after looking or listening to the car but sometimes he can't figure them out. In this year I have replaced curtain airbags and a dash for a wrecked 2017 GMC Acadia that my parents bought for out family (we had the body repaired and I did the interior work) and I still need to replace curtain airbags for a wrecked 2018 Camaro my parents also bought. I also replaced the master switch on my C3 corvette in an attempt to get the high beams and turning signals to work. All of this work has been improvised and learned on the go with some help from youtube lol. I am however going to take the Vette to a shop to have them work on the high beams and turn signals because they still don't work. All of this being said is there anything I should know?. Is there anything I should know? Like should I buy a new sealant for the T-tops as it looks like everyone says they leak? Anyways I just thought I'd come here for some advice.
-Thanks, Jaydan Arzet

Where in Missouri, I'm in Springfield. And by all means start a new thread instead of adding on to one that's 3 years old.

Quick Reply: C3 Corvette for a teenager?