Sponsored by:

Pulling left when braking... Hard left

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:51 AM
urdone4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pulling left when braking... Hard left

Hey guys, normally I don't have to post about my 69 bc the car is pretty no frills but I'm fully stumped with this one. I've been working on these brakes for at least 20 hours and can't sort them out.

When I apply the brakes the car pulls hard left, like lane changing left. When I pulled the wheels after my last test drive, the left caliper is hot and the right is ice cold. The left rotor is hot and the the right is warm (you can tell it's clamping some). The rears calipers are both warm.

It started when I had a leaky caliper seal last year, I just haven't had time to get to it and finally am now but I'm at my wit's end.

New parts:
All four calipers
All four rubber hoses

There is no light on in the cluster for the distribution block and I checked it's function by grounding the sensor and it's fine.

The rotors and pads only had about 200 miles on them so I didn't change them either.

I bled the master correctly, and have rebled the entire system about 20 times already.

Is there a chance that the distribution block is just a little off center? I measured the flow rate out of the hose to the caliper from right and left front sides and it's basically the same.

This car is defeating me. Hoping someone can offer a suggestion.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:59 AM
henrikse
Pro

Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts

Is the new left caliper centered over the rotor?
Old 06-26-2017, 12:37 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,606 Posts

you are sure you have no air in the right caliper? you started the bleed with RR, then LR, then RF, and then LF? You tapped the calipers with a hammer to dislodge air?
Old 06-26-2017, 06:30 PM
68notray
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Are you sure you don't have a rear rotor mounted on the front? They have a slight offset difference
Old 06-26-2017, 07:14 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

What year is your Corvette???????

When you installed the FRONT rubber hoses...were they STRAIGHT when you did it????..OR...did you take them out of the box and they were curved in a 'U' shape and you put them on right away??? Which way did they come to you????

When bleeding the system ..are you making sure the master cylinder is LEVEL when doing this???

How are you bleeding the system??? What method???

Do you have a good pedal????

Is the master cylinder NEW???

DUB
Old 06-27-2017, 08:44 AM
HT1663WB
Melting Slicks

Received 138 Likes on 76 Posts

I had the same issue when I had my 77. That turned out to be a bad brake line. I currently had the same issue after doing brakes on my 71 (pulled hard right). That ended up being air in the caliper. I purchased a power bleeder and that solved the issue. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Pulling left when braking... Hard left

Quick Reply: Pulling left when braking... Hard left