AC compressor brackets...?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 10:59 AM
ChevyVetteguy75
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC compressor brackets...?

Hey All,

I'm doing a rebuild of my engine on my 75 Corvette. I added a few performance parts to add a little hp over stock. One addition was roller rockers which means taller valve covers.

My problem:
The ac compressor wont fit with the stock ac brackets with the taller valve covers. Has anyone done this type of upgrade and bought an AC bracket that connects to stock location but extends long enough to clear the valve covers? If so, where did you get the bracket and which one was it?

I looked around on Summit, they have a ton of brackets but none mention extending past stock location so I'm not sure if they'll work.

Thanks to all who have an answer.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:12 PM
henrikse
Pro

Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts

Never heard of other bracket but shouldn't be hard to make one or have a machine shop make one. It is only the front bracket with slot to adjust you need? I have a chrome one and finned valve covers but mine fit.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:21 PM
REELAV8R
Le Mans Master

Received 1,034 Likes on 852 Posts

Are you committed to using tall valve covers? Have you tried to get the belt on the alternator on the other side with those tall covers yet?

There are spacers that put your stock covers just 1/4" higher to clear the roller rockers. Some guys double up the valve cover gasket and use rubber over metal gaskets to to so.
I bought roller rockers that would fit under the stock height covers for just the reason you are struggling with now, that and the difficulty with the alternator belt as well.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:40 PM
REELAV8R
Le Mans Master

Received 1,034 Likes on 852 Posts

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/i...iABEgKb9fD_BwE

These are the spacers I was thinking of. 3/8" I guess not 1/4". So these plus gaskets may put you more in the range of 1/2" to 5/8" higher on stock covers.

Last edited by REELAV8R; 08-11-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:51 PM
ChevyVetteguy75
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by REELAV8R
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/i...iABEgKb9fD_BwE

These are the spacers I was thinking of. 3/8" I guess not 1/4". So these plus gaskets may put you more in the range of 1/2" to 5/8" higher on stock covers.
Hey, thanks for the idea. I found a extended bracket on Summit racing from Vintage Air. I havn't put it on yet but it should work.

Get notified of new replies

To AC compressor brackets...?

Quick Reply: AC compressor brackets...?