Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage Squad

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 05:39 PM
teamo
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts

I think there may be two people with that name. The bio I read said June 1962. Oh well I guess there's no chance for me now.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:54 PM
maverickmk
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by redvetracr
asking and getting are two totally different things.
I don't understand what you're saying.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:05 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Received 3,223 Likes on 1,734 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by maverickmk
This particular car now is worth $125,000.00
Originally Posted by redvetracr
asking and getting are two totally different things.
Worth = having a value of, or equal in value to, as in money

Asking price ≠ Worth

Old 11-06-2018, 10:19 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by maverickmk
My understanding is that the show picks cars that are in need of help because the owner is unable to afford to have someone do it and they are unable to do the work themselves, have sat for many years, etc., etc. - ??
This particular car now is worth $125,000.00 "with a lot of work done after the show."
Am I the only one that thinks this fish stinks?
Okay, so it is the show i thought it was,
You and i had the same idea about the show and its hogwash, is that the same as a fish stinking?
The one i saw boasted about on here the guy certainly didnt need the shows help.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:07 AM
bmans vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 304 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16-'17-'18-'19, '21

Originally Posted by teamo
I think there may be two people with that name. The bio I read said June 1962. Oh well I guess there's no chance for me now.
No...check my link in earlier post.
It is her as she has a website and the same pics on it.

Clean living, vegetarian, fitness, a little good genes thrown in and she is hot!
Old 11-07-2018, 01:16 PM
maverickmk
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard454
Worth = having a value of, or equal in value to, as in money

Asking price ≠ Worth
Ah, I see, duh
Old 11-08-2018, 10:26 PM
Stev-o
Drifting

Received 394 Likes on 270 Posts

I like the show and no way is Heather 56!

Not sure why some of you guys dont like Joe? It appears that he knows how to build a motor.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:23 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Stev-o
I like the show and no way is Heather 56!

Not sure why some of you guys dont like Joe? It appears that he knows how to build a motor.
I'm not sure Joe is too hip on stabbing distributors. I've seen at least three episodes where the engine backfired through the carb. Countless others where the engine won't start after the repairs. Plus the guy is just plain goofy.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:56 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,346 Likes on 1,097 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats
……...As far as teflon tape goes a heck of a lot of people misuse it not understanding what its purpose is.
I agree, but this comment brings up something interesting from my old memory bank. I bought a 1973 Pontiac Grans Am, brand new. This was one of the "original" Grand Ams, front engine, rear wheel drive, based on GM's "A" body. The car had a 400 cu/in, Pontiac engine, with a Rochester 2 barrel carb, with the bronze fuel filter located in the carb body. When the car was a couple of years old, just as a maintenance thing, I went to replace the fuel filter. To do this, I had to loosen then pull back the steel fuel line.

As many of you know, this fuel line is sealed to the carb by a flared compression fitting. Imagine my surprise, when I found Teflon tape on the threads of the compression nut..... And this wasn't a "bubba fix", as I was the original owner of the car, and prior to me doing this maintenance task, the engine hadn't been previously touched.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:33 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
I agree, but this comment brings up something interesting from my old memory bank. I bought a 1973 Pontiac Grans Am, brand new. This was one of the "original" Grand Ams, front engine, rear wheel drive, based on GM's "A" body. The car had a 400 cu/in, Pontiac engine, with a Rochester 2 barrel carb, with the bronze fuel filter located in the carb body. When the car was a couple of years old, just as a maintenance thing, I went to replace the fuel filter. To do this, I had to loosen then pull back the steel fuel line.

As many of you know, this fuel line is sealed to the carb by a flared compression fitting. Imagine my surprise, when I found Teflon tape on the threads of the compression nut..... And this wasn't a "bubba fix", as I was the original owner of the car, and prior to me doing this maintenance task, the engine hadn't been previously touched.
As you might have noticed on my comment about tef tape i didnt go into its correct or incorrect usage.

Ive found on here some subjects its not worth it to me to even try, im not here to argue.

Like im sure others have had happen to them i have had my *** handed to me for being able to do something the guy doing the handing couldnt do, their ego big as a mountain fragile as glass would have them rather ad hominem attack than face the fact just because they cant do it doesnt mean some other guy cant make it happen.

So yeah, in that obscure way i fully get your story and do love it,
Im sure whoever put it there is sure we are idiots.
Thanks for sharing
Old 11-09-2018, 12:14 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,346 Likes on 1,097 Posts

As you might have noticed on my comment about tef tape i didnt go into its correct or incorrect usage.

Ive found on here some subjects its not worth it to me to even try, im not here to argue.

Like im sure others have had happen to them i have had my *** handed to me for being able to do something the guy doing the handing couldnt do, their ego big as a mountain fragile as glass would have them rather ad hominem attack than face the fact just because they cant do it doesnt mean some other guy cant make it happen.

So yeah, in that obscure way i fully get your story and do love it,
Im sure whoever put it there is sure we are idiots.
Thanks for sharing
Old 11-09-2018, 01:08 PM
v2racing
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot4

Well being that teflon tape is not a sealant but a thread lubricant, there's really nothing wrong with having it on the threads of a compression nut, as long as it is kept away from the flare. Teflon tape is misused a lot though.

Mike
Old 11-12-2018, 12:44 PM
NJVette77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seldom watch tv is this the show that pretends to help guys get their cars going who have hit hurdles and need help but actually the show picks bucks up guys who dont need help but have home garages that trump some pros and just finished a show queen build?
I agree 100% and for that reason I don't watch the show.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:09 PM
v2racing
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

I watch the show. It's obvious that a lot of the cars on the show have been sitting without any love for years. Some of the garages are barely adequate to park in and they work in the driveway sometimes. All the guys and Heather dig right in and work on the cars. Are they the best mechanics I've ever seen, no. Are some situations fabricated, of course, it's TV, but no where near what most of the car building shows have. They do get the cars going though and they aren't building mega dollar cars that only the ultra rich can afford.

Mike
Old 11-12-2018, 03:51 PM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 600 Likes on 486 Posts

I really like how the Fallguy truck came out.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...42142227004802

Last edited by ddawson; 11-12-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Garage Squad