Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Surface Rust on Windshield Frame

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 08:39 AM
A8skyhawk
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I’m lazy in my prep work. As others have mentioned above, Eastwood has a Rust Emcapsulator you can buy in a quart can to brush on. It’s very watery but super easy to apply. I’ve had great results with it so far.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:20 AM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I can say that I am NOT lazy when it comes to any prep that I am doing on whatever I am working on. I have used and use different types of rust converters and the POR-15. There are areas where I will NOT use the POR-15 due to the specific process it takes to get the metal ready for it to be applied on. Just so we are clear.... I am not ONLY using POR-15.

I pay strict attention to the prep procedures because THAT is where it is very critical to make sure that any product being applied will adhere for what ever reason.

So if a person has failure in a product sheeting, peeling, cracking or bubbling off. I am wondering did it stick every where else. And IF it did .....then it came down to prep or application of that product due to it obviously did not completely fall off what it was applied on. And this is not specific to just POR-15...it goes with anything a person plans on using..

And what may come to a surprise to some people who believe in automotive grade epoxy primer ( which I am one of them). Epoxy primer is not a stand alone product and must be coated with paint or something to seal over it due it if it is left along and not covered by anything . IT will fail badly also. I know this due to I have seen metal cars shot with epoxy primer and that was it and in a few years it began to fail really bad.

DUB

Quick Reply: Surface Rust on Windshield Frame