Sponsored by:

Fan shroud and transmission lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 06:33 PM
crap
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fan shroud and transmission lines

Hello it's crap again, I have to replace the shroud an d radiator on this 1975 corvette stingray. I tore the shroud up getting it out.I gather the shroud for a manual transmission and an automatic transmission is the same one.Is it hard to hooked up the transmission lines to the radiator with the shroud on for an automatic transmission? Is it easy to get to?or do you hook them up before you put the shroud on?What's the easiest way to do this?thanks again for your help
Old 11-26-2018, 06:45 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I have a process to do this but it does require the hood to be removed...the radiator support loosened and tilted forward so you can install the radiator ...because you have the shroud laying in place...tilted back and then put the radiator in.

I have the top steel line for your transmission lines installed and may or may not have a hose connected to it. Sometimes I have to put it in after I get the radiator back in. It can depend on each car due other cars can be literally 1/8" off and that causes a problem.

DUB.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:21 PM
crap
Advanced

Thank you
Old 11-27-2018, 03:12 AM
crap
Advanced

So the shroud for an automatic transmission and a manual transmission is the same one? I am fixing to order the only one Eckler's has for a 1975 Corvette Stingray while they have their sale going on.Every little bit helps.Thank you for your help.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:13 AM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I believe they only list ONE for your year model so it being an automatic or manual transmission car does not matter. VERIFY this with the sales person.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Fan shroud and transmission lines

Quick Reply: Fan shroud and transmission lines