Notices
C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coupe or convertible....

Old 02-11-2019, 08:39 PM
jpatrick62
CF Member

[QUOTE= I used to like the 69/70 Mustang Mach 1, now Im all about the 65/66 fastback[/QUOTE]

Funny, I used to like the Mach1s years ago, but now I'm all about converts - the 65/66 variety. Guess my tastes have changed - don't really like highly modified cars either.
I was always one of the odd ones since I also liked Corvette convertibles as well - most of my friends (and family) are either Ford, Chevy, or Dodge types and never will cross that line.
In fact, I like any of the muscle cars, even much of the Dodge series. Oddly, I've never really loved Camaros.
Now that I have my 69 L46 Convert, I cannot wait to get it out for Spring/Summer cruising. Like the rest, but my Vette is best!
Old 02-11-2019, 10:59 PM
Sunstroked
CF Senior Member

I would own a 66 GT my good friend has, but its a coupe. If it were a fastback it would be under the lift my Corvette sits on. They are so cool. I had a 67 mustang coupe back in the early 80's. I'm a car guy, not necessarily a Corvette guy.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:01 PM
seacliffe301
CF Senior Member

Me, Iím a ragtop guy, specifically a Ď72 C3. When I started my search for this car, Ď69-Ď72, convertible was mandatory. Not that coupes arenít incredibly beautiful to look at, it had to be a roadster. Nothing beats the top being down a nice summer evening.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:00 PM
JBrooke825
CF Senior Member

2018 C3 of Year Finalist

Until you realize your burned
Old 02-15-2019, 11:15 PM
68/BB
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Flivver61 View Post
I have a fairly specific prejudice, I only love C3 chrome bumper coupes. Fell in love with them in 68 when they came out and saw them on Woodward ave, Gratiot ave, Telegraph rd. I grew up just outside Pontiac, MI.
Don't really care for any of the other years/models of vettes. For me its all about the lines of the car. Nothing against the others, they just don't do anything for me, not before, not since
Dittos on nearly all counts. Huge fan of the C3 chrome bumper coupes. Very familiar with Woodward, Telegraph, etc. Grew up in Oakland county, same time period. I wont even mention Teds, Totem Pole, Grande Ballroom, etc. as I'm sure you may be one of the few on here who could relate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coupe or convertible....

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: