Internal frame coating

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 03:56 PM
Novusuhu
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Internal frame coating

Hey guys

I want to paint/treat my frame as much as possible. The body will stay in place when I do this.
Now there is this nasty 'rubber' coating on the whole frame, but I don't know about the inside...
I will use POR15 rust preventive coating on the outside.

But what to do with the inside of the frame? What is a good way and what are good products to take care of the inside of the frame? Does Eastwood have some good stuff?
How can I remove the rust on the inside??? Sandblasting is not an option... I'm sure I will damage the body and maybe some other parts that way.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:09 PM
lakerider57
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

There is a good thread currently on-going dealing with the internal frame coatings:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-coating.html
The following users liked this post:
Novusuhu (02-19-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 07:14 PM
20round
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by Novusuhu
Hey guys

I want to paint/treat my frame as much as possible. The body will stay in place when I do this.
Now there is this nasty 'rubber' coating on the whole frame, but I don't know about the inside...
I will use POR15 rust preventive coating on the outside.

But what to do with the inside of the frame? What is a good way and what are good products to take care of the inside of the frame? Does Eastwood have some good stuff?
How can I remove the rust on the inside??? Sandblasting is not an option... I'm sure I will damage the body and maybe some other parts that way.
i just had my 68 frame blasted. when i got it back last night i had bought 4 cans of eastwood internal frame coating [por15 in a spray can] and began prepping the frame. eastwood says 2-3 cans to do a frame, i used 4, and could have used a 5th that i just ordered! the hard part was getting all the oil out of the frame inside. what i did there was take brake clean and a torch! not the best way, but it worked great! the eastwood coating comes with a 360' spray tube. [check out youtube eastwood site] i taped it too a 24 in piece of brake line and ran it down the frame rails back and forth. it worked great! i will do it on all my cars from now on. JMHO troy

Get notified of new replies

To Internal frame coating

Quick Reply: Internal frame coating