Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Good catch, I will ask about that.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:07 PM
bhk2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Jebbysan
If you drove a Hurst equipped four speed then hopped in a stock shifter car....you would want the Hurst back.......
The Blueprint 350's are a decently built engine but I have found a huge oversight on their part as far as the intake manifold is concerned. There are a couple of people out there that have complained about leaky intakes and the problem is that this is a Vortec spec intake and the heads do not have Vortec ports......although they are drilled with both bolt patterns......the intake ports have a pretty horrible mismatch and I can't believe Blueprint ships them this way........

Jebby
Jebby, thanks. Is a new/different intake a possible solution or is there just not a match available?

Last edited by bhk2; 10-02-2023 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:38 PM
grady white
Burning Brakes

Received 260 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by 4-vettes
Absolutely, I should have noticed that as well. Center bolt valve covers certainly don't fit stock heads. But everything else is a mess. Why would you go through the trouble of fitting better heads and leave all this stock stuff behind? Air pollution control state??
that car is not my cup of tea. Too much is going on in there . I don’t trust anyone’s work but my own .. people buy cars and a happy that the last owner did a lot to the motor .. I think the opposite. I don’t know who did the work and if it was done right !! Most of the time that is the case . 1 month later that rebuilt motor is failing because of poor workmanship..
Old 10-04-2023, 02:40 PM
grady white
Burning Brakes

Received 260 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by 4-vettes
Absolutely, I should have noticed that as well. Center bolt valve covers certainly don't fit stock heads. But everything else is a mess. Why would you go through the trouble of fitting better heads and leave all this stock stuff behind? Air pollution control state??
Originally Posted by stingr69
The ground strap would normally be attached at the stock valve cover bolt at one end and the other end would attach to the black plastic (metal foil lined) ignition shield with a wingnut. It's an AM radio interference shield but you probably don't have need of that? You can see the strap in this photo below.

There is some canister over your A.I.R. pump that I do not have on my '80 below. Might be engine specific?

If you have side pipes, they must be hooked up to the factory exhaust manifolds. All the EFE and smog stuff is still in place.

This is pretty accurate. The chrome air cleaner lid is NCRS questionable as they are "supposed" to be black paint but this one might actually be original. Cant be proven.
didn’t not come chrome from the factory . It’s a aftermarket
Old 10-04-2023, 02:43 PM
Jebbysan
Dr. Detroit
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,902 Likes on 2,566 Posts

Originally Posted by bhk2
Jebby, thanks. Is a new/different intake a possible solution or is there just not a match available?
Standard 2101 Performer or 2701 Performer EPS will fit just fine....as will any of the dual plane intakes from Weiand or others.....
A friend used the 2701 under the hood of his 1980 so I know it fits.....

Jebby

Quick Reply: Help 1980 engine bay experts