C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'70 Carpet Tucking by Foot Dimmer driver's side

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 12:06 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default '70 Carpet Tucking by Foot Dimmer driver's side

OK, no matter how I tuck and put the side kick panel in I can't seem to get the silly thing to fit correctly so that the dimmer switch clicks on and off. It's as iff the carpet is holding the switch depressed and it doens't pop up as much. Is this just because the carpet isn't softened and worn in enough yet that it moves easily or am I doing something wrong. It seems like the side kick panel on the outside edge is holding the carpet down a bit. But it's installed with the screw lined up etc. Anyone with ideas or hints or tips who has figured this out before? :cool: ~Juliet
Old 08-04-2001, 12:13 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: '70 Carpet Tucking by Foot Dimmer driver's side (Juliet)

Juliet, I assume you installed new carpet? I can't think of a help answer...except to say that mine is new also...and it won't stay tucked well at the tunnel sides below the center gauge cluster area. Just a thought. On most of the other cars I had, the switch was exposed.. a hole in the carpet. :confused:
Old 08-04-2001, 12:22 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: '70 Carpet Tucking by Foot Dimmer driver's side (Road Fever)

Juliet, I assume you installed new carpet?
Installed, nah, installing... maybe. Trying is more like it. :D I just had a thought though.... I wonder if there's some of that jute backing by the switch. That might be hanging it up. I'll peel it back from the other side and see if that's the cause and rip it out if need be. My old carpeting (not orig) had NO jute lining whatsoever. The original stuff is long gone so I have no factory example to compare with. Thanks, Juliet

Get notified of new replies

To '70 Carpet Tucking by Foot Dimmer driver's side

Quick Reply: '70 Carpet Tucking by Foot Dimmer driver's side