C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atten: Juliet

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 10:20 AM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Atten: Juliet

Tell us about your 27 "T" exp. :cool:

From Other Hot Rods:
Greg P.
"I'll leave it to some of the other forum members to see if you can get Julie to tell you the tale of when I was out of town and she and a friend took it crusing." :D

[Modified by Ganey, 8:31 AM 8/9/2001]
Old 08-09-2001, 11:43 AM
virtue4u
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Atten: Juliet (Ganey)

Juliet,

I have a friend who is interested in buying a C4 for his 16 year old son. :crazy: I thought you had information on what to check for on C4s upon buying one. If you or anyone does have such information, please post the web site.
Old 08-12-2001, 12:15 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gee, he's built me up for a big story here, but really it's not THAT big of a deal. I got into far more trouble on my own in my Laser XT Turbo.... but anyways... Well it all has to do with greg's fuel gague... or lack thereof. :D Anyways, Greg was out of town on biz. He always encouraged me to 'sure take the Hot Rod if you want'.... :jester I think he thought he'd just say that and I'd never really take him up on the offer. Especially when he wasn't around. :p:

So, one of my girlfriends and I decided to go out to dinner and go crusing one weekend when Greg was gone. Well she meets me at my place and we hop into the '27 T. We hit the typical So.Calif traffic jam. Now, this car is a monster Ford with a thirsty engine. It has no fuel gague. The always accurate gague was a wooden dowl you stick in the filler and see how high the gas level is. Greg drives on the range meter, and never pays attention to gas gagues anyways.

Wendy & I have a ball crusing down by Hunt. Bch in the hot rod. We had more hoots and hollers than you could imagine. Did I tell you I have a lead foot? And in slow beach traffic it sucks down gas and you're not racking up the mileage. We went out to dinner etc... I never thought about the gas in the car. Afterall there was no gague in the thing! Well, all was fine, we get back home safetly with the car in one piece. I casually mentioned to Greg we took the hot rod out 'for a spin.' No problemo.

Next weekend he goes to take the '27 out for something or other (I forget, this was 10or 12 years ago!). He'd forgotten to check the gas on the trusty dipstick before he left. Actually I think he assumed the 'for a spin' was around the block or something - not out to dinner and some hangout spots, crusing for a few hours, testing out just how much gas you could give the thing before it would stop hooking up. ;) So he ran out of gas. :yesnod: I brought it safetly home, with gas in the tank. :yesnod: You of course see the fact that HE ran out of gas is all MY fault. And it's been... what over a decade and we're still debating over whose fault it is! :lol:

So, I got about 8 years of solid ribbing into him because HE ran out of gas and I never had. He trained me into this gas mileage thing - don't trust the gas gague, know the range of the car. (That only works if you're consistent w/ driving conditions of course).... so I get my first Convertible. In the pouring rain I might add. ;) First few weeks the top was up. I'd figured out I could do 300 miles on a tank safetly. Finally, we had a sunny October / November spell, so the top went down. I'm on my way home from orchestra practice in the Rustang, with a friend (pregnant friend!) and RAN OUT OF GAS! The gague showed low, but see, I'd been trained to not trust those. I was only at 267 miles, I knew the car would go at least 300! It had the prior 3 or 4 fillups. Yup. My reign of "I never ran out of gas" had come to an end. :crazy: Fortunately my Dad was over and could stay home with Alexanna (she was maybe 3 at the time) so Greg could come and fetch us and bring some gas. :p: So, there's my story. :cheers: I'm sure Greg will chime in and change the facts though. :blueangel:
Old 08-12-2001, 12:22 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Atten: Juliet (virtue4u)

I thought you had information on what to check for on C4s upon buying one.
It's not my web site, but here's the URL: http://home.fuse.net/c4/pre_purchase_inspection.htm

I also have the price guide links etc here: http://www.annapolis.net/members/jul...Buy&Price.html
Old 08-12-2001, 12:46 PM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Story Juliet. :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Atten: Juliet

Quick Reply: Atten: Juliet