C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Cooling Perfection Achieved

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 12:45 PM
ESU
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, if I dont win the local bars super bowl pool which is offering a mint 73 coupe as the grand prize and I dont sell my 79 this spring then this is the way I'll be going in my never ending attempt to make the 79 run cool. My Mark 8 fan and DC controller are already in the garage, dewitts rad is already installed. Keep your fingers crossed I win the 73!
ESU
Old 01-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ESU
OK, if I dont win the local bars super bowl pool which is offering a mint 73 coupe as the grand prize and I dont sell my 79 this spring then this is the way I'll be going in my never ending attempt to make the 79 run cool. My Mark 8 fan and DC controller are already in the garage, dewitts rad is already installed. Keep your fingers crossed I win the 73!
ESU

I read something somewhere that doing car raffles like that and betting pools is illegal. You have any info on that?
Old 01-28-2007, 01:36 PM
ESU
Drifting

Originally Posted by Durango_boy
I read something somewhere that doing car raffles like that and betting pools is illegal. You have any info on that?
Dont quote me on this but this is my understanding. If the pool is for money and if the guy running the pool takes a cut then it becomes illegal. If not then the winner is still responsible for paying the taxes on it. I've actually heard something like the guy running the pool must issue a 1099. We had a local bar here that ran a pool during march madness, the ncaa basketball thing. The pool was up to 1.6 million or so. Once it made the local papers it was doomed. The IRS and local DA started asking questions.
As for this auction, I would guess once I register the car , if I win, and pay the taxes I fufill my obligations. Its a real nice unmolested, all original coupe with base 350, a/c, p/w etc and it all works. Even the ignition shielding is in place. Orange with a saddle leather interior and only a small crack on the drivers side armrest.
ESU
Old 01-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ESU
Its a real nice unmolested, all original coupe with base 350, a/c, p/w etc and it all works. Even the ignition shielding is in place. Orange with a saddle leather interior and only a small crack on the drivers side armrest.
ESU

You realize that if you win this '73 I will not like you much any more. The '73 is my favorite...and you winning one would be a killer blow to me. I'm kidding, and I wish you luck.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:24 PM
ESU
Drifting

You realize that if you win this '73 I will not like you much any more. The '73 is my favorite...and you winning one would be a killer blow to me. I'm kidding, and I wish you luck.
I promise that when you come up from Missouri to visit NYC I'll let you take it for a spin.
ESU
Old 01-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ESU
I promise that when you come up from Missouri to visit NYC I'll let you take it for a spin....
ESU

Hah hah...right back to Missouri with me...
Old 01-28-2007, 04:30 PM
ESU
Drifting

Hah hah...right back to Missouri with me...
Hah Hah nothing, you leave Sarah as a deposit!!!
ESU
Old 01-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ESU
Hah Hah nothing, you leave Sarah as a deposit!!!
ESU

Hmm...decisions decisions.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Ratsirt
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PhotoVette1 do you have a pic of where you installed the temp sensor on your rad? I ordered my DCC today and my MarkVIII fan should arrive any day.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by ESU
Dont quote me on this but this is my understanding. If the pool is for money and if the guy running the pool takes a cut then it becomes illegal. If not then the winner is still responsible for paying the taxes on it. I've actually heard something like the guy running the pool must issue a 1099. We had a local bar here that ran a pool during march madness, the ncaa basketball thing. The pool was up to 1.6 million or so. Once it made the local papers it was doomed. The IRS and local DA started asking questions.
As for this auction, I would guess once I register the car , if I win, and pay the taxes I fufill my obligations. Its a real nice unmolested, all original coupe with base 350, a/c, p/w etc and it all works. Even the ignition shielding is in place. Orange with a saddle leather interior and only a small crack on the drivers side armrest.
ESU
That's my understanding as well. As long as all the pool proceeds are distributed, it should be fine.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:01 PM
ESU
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ratsirt
PhotoVette1 do you have a pic of where you installed the temp sensor on your rad? I ordered my DCC today and my MarkVIII fan should arrive any day.
I had the same question for my mark8 and dc controller.
ESU
Old 02-04-2007, 08:03 PM
ESU
Drifting

Originally Posted by I'm Batman
That's my understanding as well. As long as all the pool proceeds are distributed, it should be fine.
Pool for the 73 vette didnt go off, not all the boxes were sold. So tomorrow I go get my buck fifty back. On a positive note though I found out the owner is gettin married and his girlfriend is preggers so he might be interested in my prior offer. Lets see what happens,
ESU
Old 02-04-2007, 08:06 PM
PhotoVette1
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratsirt

I put it where the arrow shows. The probe is small, so I used a small bit of weatherstrip adhesive to keep it in place.

Old 02-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Is the controller weather proof? Heh heh, you said 'probe'...heh heh...
Old 02-05-2007, 04:57 AM
PhotoVette1
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the controller weather proof? Heh heh, you said 'probe'...heh heh...

The controller is a solid piece of aluminum filled with epoxy--so, I would say its weatherproof to a greater extent anything under the hood is. I did paint the wiring lugs with liquid electrical tape.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Originally Posted by PhotoVette1
The controller is a solid piece of aluminum filled with epoxy--so, I would say its weatherproof to a greater extent anything under the hood is. I did paint the wiring lugs with liquid electrical tape.

That's cool. How important is it that the controller is mounted on or next tot he fan?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:05 PM
coolerthanethan
Instructor

the mark8 fan is awesome ran it on my last 450hp mustang with not cooling problems. however good luck with the pigtail harness it runs on. i had 3 burn and melt on me. and yes the fan was wired correctly on a relay. fords parts guy says they all do that. thats why they sell the replacement pigtail bad design by ford.

Get notified of new replies

To Engine Cooling Perfection Achieved

Old 02-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Originally Posted by coolerthanethan
i had 3 burn and melt on me. and yes the fan was wired correctly on a relay. fords parts guy says they all do that. thats why they sell the replacement pigtail bad design by ford.

That's actually the fault of the Ford factory controller of the fan. It and the wiring were not designed right. A new pigtail and a new controller and that'll get'r done.

Last edited by Durango_Boy; 02-05-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:43 PM
coolerthanethan
Instructor

wasnt running a controler
Old 02-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Originally Posted by coolerthanethan
wasnt running a controler

I wouldn't admit that...that's worse than a bad controller. I think that fan pulls 40+ amps at wide open.

Last edited by Durango_Boy; 02-05-2007 at 08:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Engine Cooling Perfection Achieved