C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New engine and tranny in - wont turn over now!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 09:01 PM
David Ey
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brngrhd
yeah that would be the flywheel and that bolts to the flex plate and that bolts to the crank. my point was that it DOES have a flex plate.
Does anyone have a picture of this setup? I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:42 PM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by David Ey
Does anyone have a picture of this setup? I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding.
the only thing that bolts to flex plate is a torque converter perhaps the wrong nomenclature was used.....we all have misspoken about parts
Old 05-04-2007, 09:49 PM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by bobs77vet
the only thing that bolts to flex plate is a torque converter perhaps the wrong nomenclature was used.....we all have misspoken about parts
My father in law and I are always calling the same part different names a lot of that I think is the generation difference, I think if someone calling a part by the wrong name offends you enough to get you to post and try to make them look stupid then you are either an engineer or have to much time on your hands.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:15 PM
brngrhd
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is a parts pic the flywheel disc and pressure plate are all in one unit
Old 05-04-2007, 11:17 PM
brngrhd
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobs77vet

no this is a flex plate and is called so. i'll post part numbers for and more pics tomorrow. but this is not the point the point it some people have to bust ***** and call people out one stupid stuff to look better of because they don't like them.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:19 AM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by brngrhd
no this is a flex plate and is called so. i'll post part numbers for and more pics tomorrow. but this is not the point the point it some people have to bust ***** and call people out one stupid stuff to look better of because they don't like them.
My opinion on the matter is the entire function of this web site is to get various views & opinions on the problems so that when you trouble shoot you have multiple angles to go through!
I am in a law enforcement field and if I did a tunnel(single) vision approach then a lot of leads or clues would be ignored. That is the reason why I post here for multiple trouble shooting angles!
So far, one of everyones opinions have been correct. However, there has not been one person that was correct every time!
That is why everyones opinions matters!
Old 05-05-2007, 01:06 PM
fotyfobravo
Drifting

Location: Lake Arrowhead - Georgia > 72 Base Coupe & 74 BB Roadster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lvrpool32
OK..back to my original post and my original problem.............its fixed.

As some people suggested, I connected up the clutch, pressed the pedal a couple of times and voila...engine turns over....

thanx all.....

OK..back to what ever everyone else was talking about...I'm going back to work on the vette.
Good Job! I bet you were in a panic for a bit there!

Last edited by fotyfobravo; 05-05-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:42 PM
slowride262
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, to all you Flexplate and Flywheel people...
In our dirt car we used to use a (Flexplate) with a manual transmission!!!
We would use a 153 tooth and have a ring riveted on to it then use a S-10 pressure plate bolted on to it and have the whole Assembly balanced.
And no it was not a Flywheel but made into one for the weight saving because we couldn't use aluminum flywheels.
They outlawed them years ago because of safety issues.

Quick Reply: New engine and tranny in - wont turn over now!!