C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1991 Zr1

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 03:09 PM
tmacb
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I agree that the price seems a bit high for this particular car, I don't think it's $10k too high. That might be the price tha we would like to believe is the real world value, and perhaps there are even a few examples out there, I don't think the market is there yet. Sure 17,000 miles is a lot more than 1,500 or 95, but those cars were $20,000 and $10,000 more than the example. If you are going to park it and wait for collector values to come into line with the rarity of the car, that premium might be worth it. If you are just going to drive it anyway, there is no point in paying such a premium for the low miles.

I love C5 ZO6's. My parents own an '03 and it is an absolute blast to drive. I don't think it is as unique and it certainly doesn't have the mystique of the ZR-1. Both cars are destined to be collectible. Perhaps the introduction of the new ZR-1 will highlight the previous versions. The 1st generation is certainly bringing the dollars.

Quick Reply: 1991 Zr1