C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car bogs down when in gear at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 03:57 PM
dogboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1nicecorvette
yeah this really sounds like an ignition problem to me. how is the module? has it been replaced or did you put a new one in with no heatsink compound? it sounds like something cant quite catch up to the rpms. its accelerates fine up to 5500rpm? almost like the coil heat up and drops off. have you changed anything latetly?
I changed the coil to the Accell coil and the module about 4 years ago. I'm about to go out and tear into it to see if there's anything visible.
The Fuel S lines are in good shape with about 6 years on them so I ruled that out , carb is set up as it should with the adjustments made as per Lars.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:01 PM
dogboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>

FIxed it! I took down the carb again and discovered that a round washer like peice that the secondary needle rods lift upon was missing. Luckily I had some extra carbs around and was able to swap out the top half. New gasket and check of float level and readjust of secondary spring as Lars mentioned did the trick. WOT no problem now.

Quick Reply: Car bogs down when in gear at WOT