C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texarkana Area - auto repair shop recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:27 AM
UcanVetteOnIt
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texarkana Area - auto repair shop recommendations?

Hi everyone. I got my first Vette recently and I need some help finding a trustworthy repair shop in the Texarkana, TX area. I have been searching on the Internet and Yellow pages but I was hoping someone here might be able to give a recommendation. I have a 78 Pace car that needs some work done on the AC. It doesn’t blow cold and it has recently been recharged. The last mechanic that worked on did a complete evac. Recover, orvice replaced & recharge on two separate occasions. It worked for a little while each time and now it is not blowing cold again – it blows, just not cold. So obviously it has a leak somewhere – I am not taking it back to previous mechanic ( long story). So any insights, and/or recommendations is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:03 PM
corvette77
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I take all my stuff to Coleman Chev.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:39 PM
bailey228545
Advanced

If you want someone you can trust and will stand behind their work, try Foreign and Classic in Shreveport. They are a little on the pricey side, however you get what you pay for. You could eat off the shop floor it is so clean in there. Also fun to see some of the cars they have in that place. Everything from Ferriari to Jags and even some old American muscle cars will show up. They specialize in foreign like BMW and Mercedes, but will work on a Vette. Think labor rate is in the $85 an hour range. Don't hold me to that though. They ballparked getting the ac in my '81 converted and recharged at $1200. Still haven't done it, but that is coming up real soon.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:37 PM
vetteguy75
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
LA Events Coordinator

I use Red River Motors in Bossier City. If you take it there, tell the service writer that you want Robert Davis to work on your Vette. He's the Corvette dude....been working on mine for the past 9 years.Mine's a daily driver.....The only time I WILL NOT drive her is in the ice and snow. I DO driver her in the rain....just spend a lot of time cleaning...sort of therapy

Old 04-20-2009, 01:41 PM
UcanVetteOnIt
2nd Gear

Thanks for all the replies and recomendations.

Very nice photos. She sure doesn't look like she has been driven in the rain. I have been getting some cleaning therapy in myself recently. LOL

Yes, I want to take my vette to someone who is trustworthy and takes care and pride in their work. I am less than an hour from Shreveport, so I may look up the "Corvette Dude" in Bossier.

Get notified of new replies

To Texarkana Area - auto repair shop recommendations?

Quick Reply: Texarkana Area - auto repair shop recommendations?