C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vert top replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 04:51 PM
buddysmith
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default vert top replacement

greetings to all,
the top on my 74 vert is getting close to needing it's top replaced and as I won't go there will take it to someone who does this. my question is , and I know that the price will vary from region to region ,what can I consider to be a reasonable charge for labor to replace my top ?? also who has the best top ? I have looked at several vendor catalogs and on line and I know that different folks have had different experiences with each and every seller, not trying to trash anyone's product just looking for opinions. I am in north east ga . thanking all in advance that take the time to reply. Buddysmith
Old 04-30-2009, 05:59 PM
SteveG75
Le Mans Master

Received 529 Likes on 357 Posts

Don't be sure that you can't do it yourself. I got the Al Knoch video and a buddy and I did mine in about three hours without even trying too hard. Came out really nice and I saved a bundle.

Also got my top from Al Knoch because I wanted the cloth top vice vinyl. Looks good to me.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

I'll second the vote for an Al Knock top and video.
Regards,
Alan
Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Z-gman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid a local guy in the NE, and got the cloth top I think looks much better but I paid $1,100.00, for top and labor, I think the cloth was about $200 more than stock. You can save a bunch if you are brave enough to do it your self and don't forget to respray the frame it makes it look right.

Get notified of new replies

To vert top replacement

Quick Reply: vert top replacement