C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MaxJax Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 05:25 PM
noonie
Race Director

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by hunt4cleanair
Thanks noonie for the analysis!

Sounds like if it comes in about 1/4...I'm good to go with this configuration.

Sounds like anyone could experience one of these 3 failures?

Good practice to be aware of the condition of the installation, that's all.

Tell us about aged concrete versus new. What properties "mature" with aged concrete that help anchor in this type installation.
Concrete cures at different rates due to temperature, mix, additives etc. Generally there are 24 hour, 7 day, 28 day and 90 day cure strengths. The 90 day should result in 90% designed strength. The remainder can go on for years, and don't quote me on this, but I seem to remember that protected concrete is designed for a 75 year life.
There are a zillion different mix combinations, lots of admixes and plasticizers, and reinforcements, so unless tested or documented, go with the minimum, yours should be 2500psi compression and approx 10% tensile.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:47 PM
mrtexas
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by noonie
If you can post a pic of the anchors supplied with a rule and/or draw up a diagram with measurements that would help a lot.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:45 AM
chevy69
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Just ordered mine today - looks like there is still a few days (maybe a week?) to place an order. I spoke with my builder ahead of time to get my specs on the garage floor. The epoxy idea looks like a good one.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:00 AM
DaNewmanator
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chevy69
Just ordered mine today - looks like there is still a few days (maybe a week?) to place an order. I spoke with my builder ahead of time to get my specs on the garage floor. The epoxy idea looks like a good one.
Are these still available to forum members for 1800.00 shipped? I live in CA and work on cars out of my garage for extra money. This system seems to be a great way to keep off the floor and using jack stands. Plus I can work on my C4 Corvette.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 03-03-2011, 04:43 PM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by DaNewmanator
Are these still available to forum members for 1800.00 shipped? I live in CA and work on cars out of my garage for extra money. This system seems to be a great way to keep off the floor and using jack stands. Plus I can work on my C4 Corvette.
Mike

Assume it is, call Rudy and say you want to order one for $1800! I found them quite agreeable and flexible with forum members. We piggy backed off of the C6 group buy which took place several months before ours...so I say you are good to go.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:53 AM
NotScared
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
St. Jude Donor '23

Originally Posted by DaNewmanator

Thanks,

Mike
Mike,

Any luck with the GB pricing? I know I'm way late, but very interested in this product.

Andrew
Old 01-25-2012, 11:05 AM
skamp
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am bringing up this thread as I have orgainized a group buy at garage journal. I aksed GES and they said I could extend this to members of this forum. Here is the link.

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135311

Steve

Quick Reply: MaxJax Group Buy