C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insulation/ sound material for under new carpet

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 11:17 PM
airtime
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...-71-coupe.html

here is the link to my build. u can see the heat and vibration material and the megabond sound deadener (black stuff ) also has my radio/amp./ subwoofer install
Old 01-24-2011, 11:50 PM
eagle275
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm using Lizard Skin first, then the mat.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:06 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Jeese been working to hard and not on the board. I think I will go with that EZCool stuff. I like the price and I really don't need any noise dampener. I still have the original OEM stuff over the wheel wells and may just leave it there. The 600HP small block makes enough noise and I only drive when I can have the tops off. The really funny thing is the Spal fans are louder than the
motor

When I changed my tranny a few years back I insulated the tunnel under the car with with some self adhesive tin foil stuff. Can't say if it worked but I can say I don't really have any problems with heat anymore after a few adjustments to the heater plumbing
Old 01-25-2011, 08:47 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by MotorHead
Thanks Greg, just get yours fired up for the spring. No one to cruise with anymore. The Canadian section we founded is not what it used to be and I hardly ever go their anymore.
Drove it more this past yr than in the previous 4 yrs combined. I headed out once last May on one of their cruises, never again. I left the cruise within 10 minutes as they were running cars off the road on a 2 lane country road. If I had my cell with me I would have called 911 as I was sure they would kill some poor ppl. Not sure who was worse the Camaro morons or their C5/6 counterparts.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Larryvette76
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought some pipe isulatoin the guy from Willcox told me to use. I am going to see how this works. It is a foam insulation with a sticky back.

Quick Reply: Insulation/ sound material for under new carpet