C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[LS Swap] Fuel system questions!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 03:48 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's what I was a bit confused about, this quick disconnect line on the fuel rail and finding a connection from Russell to hook up to it.
Or I can look into using the stock connection and maybe a hose clamp?

And although I haven't seen the Fbodyfuel pump yet I'm pretty sure it has 2 of these types of connections?

Fit perfect on the OEM hardline
Name:  IMG_0045.jpg
Views: 2713
Size:  116.9 KB

but wasn't large enough for the newer lines.
Name:  IMG_0047.jpg
Views: 2819
Size:  120.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0048.jpg
Views: 2728
Size:  130.3 KB
Old 02-20-2012, 10:20 AM
vettedan
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordonm
No No not these fittings. These are the old style ones and have blown off spewing fuel everywhere. They have redesigned them. Let me see if I can find the link. I used the new ones.

Here are the new ones. The older style ones are the ones on the bottom. The new ones are threaded so the ywill not come off. There have been many posts on LS1 Tech about this.

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc...fuel-efi.shtml
This is incorrect, the blue AN EFI fitting work on the F-body fuel pump and the stock Plenum input feed. The Russel package says LT1/LS1 right on it. I've been using them for years. I recommend not using external pumps. I have seen issue running lean and pressure fluctuations.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Garys 68
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

In your reference to the quick disconnect fitting going on the "OEM hardline" does that line have a bubble flair for the fitting?
And does the fuel rail fitting slide on the tube at all? You should feel the tube sliding through the O ring. A little light oil on the tube will halp. And any chance that's a 5/16" fitting instead of the 3/8"?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:13 PM
vettedan
Drifting

Originally Posted by PUNISHER VETTE
Here's what I was a bit confused about, this quick disconnect line on the fuel rail and finding a connection from Russell to hook up to it.
Or I can look into using the stock connection and maybe a hose clamp?

And although I haven't seen the Fbodyfuel pump yet I'm pretty sure it has 2 of these types of connections?

Fit perfect on the OEM hardline

but wasn't large enough for the newer lines.

That's the wrong fitting use Russel EFI fitting below. pn-640850.

Dan
Vetteworks.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:31 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Name:  IMG_0076.jpg
Views: 2738
Size:  110.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0078.jpg
Views: 2699
Size:  131.2 KB

My first time welding anything other than practice welds...give me a break.
Name:  IMG_0080.jpg
Views: 2689
Size:  153.4 KB

Hopefully it'll work okay with it turned like this as that's how I wanted it.
Name:  IMG_0082.jpg
Views: 2683
Size:  128.9 KB

Need to paint still.
Name:  IMG_0084.jpg
Views: 2724
Size:  157.2 KB

This is not how i've decided to route everything. I'll take a correct photo in a sec.
Name:  IMG_0088.jpg
Views: 2808
Size:  137.8 KB
Old 03-11-2012, 05:19 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Okay. Got the front line hooked up pretty simple.
Name:  IMG_0106.jpg
Views: 2840
Size:  143.6 KB

I think i'll order 90degree fittings to attach to the T about where the filter will sit on the top of the tank...probably cushion it some with rubber to keep it from scratching the tank.
Name:  IMG_0108.jpg
Views: 2733
Size:  120.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0110.jpg
Views: 2723
Size:  145.2 KB
Old 03-11-2012, 07:36 PM
riggs 74
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Question, why did you paint the stock fuel rail red, It bring your attention to it being a stock fuel rail, It screams cheap, unless it was an after market fuel rail, it really should be just a plated part, or sprayed black to make it disappear.
Sorry, I almost didn't post about that because it makes me seam like an Azz, but I think we all share our builds here on the forum to get opinions and advice from another's prospective point of view.

As far as the fuel filter, you will need to change that at some point once the filter is dirty, wouldn't you was better access to it? There is plenty of room off to the side, following the fuel supply line next to the tank, or just in front of, that you could mount the filter and still be able to replace it in the future.

The fuel line up at the motor, I would install a thermal sleeve over the fuel line to keep the line and fuel from heating up next to the header.

Riggs.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:42 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Originally Posted by riggs 74
Question, why did you paint the stock fuel rail red, It bring your attention to it being a stock fuel rail, It screams cheap, unless it was an after market fuel rail, it really should be just a plated part, or sprayed black to make it disappear.
Sorry, I almost didn't post about that because it makes me seam like an Azz, but I think we all share our builds here on the forum to get opinions and advice from another's prospective point of view.

As far as the fuel filter, you will need to change that at some point once the filter is dirty, wouldn't you was better access to it? There is plenty of room off to the side, following the fuel supply line next to the tank, or just in front of, that you could mount the filter and still be able to replace it in the future.

The fuel line up at the motor, I would install a thermal sleeve over the fuel line to keep the line and fuel from heating up next to the header.

Riggs.
Opinions vary I guess.
I thought the stock gray looked terrible and if powdered black it would have just looked globed together with all the other black of the intake. Most of it will be covered up anyway or a new rail by the time I'm done. I just liked the contrasting red over black...

I thought about putting the filter connected directly to the oem hardline off to the side but these Russell fittings have a little slack in them and I was afraid being directly linked to the stationary hardline over time it'll keep rattling till something goes. I could could be wrong though. Only 6 bolts and the tank drops so wherever I put it it's not going to be that hard to get to.

Would rather not have it up front...want as little as possible up there.

I'll definitely consider a thermal wrap for that front fuel line though... Not sure what headers i'm going with yet but no matter what it will be close to the line.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:30 PM
vettedan
Drifting

Originally Posted by PUNISHER VETTE
Opinions vary I guess.
I thought the stock gray looked terrible and if powdered black it would have just looked globed together with all the other black of the intake. Most of it will be covered up anyway or a new rail by the time I'm done. I just liked the contrasting red over black...

I thought about putting the filter connected directly to the oem hardline off to the side but these Russell fittings have a little slack in them and I was afraid being directly linked to the stationary hardline over time it'll keep rattling till something goes. I could could be wrong though. Only 6 bolts and the tank drops so wherever I put it it's not going to be that hard to get to.

Would rather not have it up front...want as little as possible up there.

I'll definitely consider a thermal wrap for that front fuel line though... Not sure what headers i'm going with yet but no matter what it will be close to the line.
Nice work!!!!
Old 12-28-2018, 03:08 AM
R6n350GT
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Can anyone give a guide on how to wire the fuel pump to ls loom ?

Quick Reply: [LS Swap] Fuel system questions!!!!!!!!