C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem Solution!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Kiwigreg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that. I've found the part under a different name to what I orginally searched on.
I'm interested in your lock/key cylinder diagnosis. How did you work out it was that causing the problem?
I wondering if that is also my problem and I just haven't worked it out yet
Cheers. Greg
Originally Posted by augiedoggy
I too had the same ignition issues with my 74 which ended up being the lock/key cylinder on mine but I ordered the horn retainer mentioned above because it crumbled upon disassembly for $8 from ebay and had no issues finding it...
Old 04-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Jim Shea
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Here is the address for three papers that will walk you through disassembly and repair of the T&T steering column.

http://jimshea.corvettefaq.com/?p=1004

Jim
Old 12-12-2018, 10:37 PM
Carscouto
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2002 c5

Originally Posted by Jim Shea
Here is the address for three papers that will walk you through disassembly and repair of the T&T steering column.

http://jimshea.corvettefaq.com/?p=1004

Jim
Hi, I'm new to the Corvette world and was looking for some help. My C5 starts with key no problem and everything works as it should but it wont shut off even with key out. I actually have to disconnect cable to battery and then pull off main wire to alternater to kill engine from running. I can hear what sounds like a kill switch or relay noise clicking when I turn key fron off to run and from run to off while motor is running which sounds like it's coming somewhere under the engine bay but I can't tell exactly where as I'm sitting in the car.

any help would be appreciated
Old 12-13-2018, 12:46 AM
riverracer au
Melting Slicks

Received 294 Likes on 178 Posts

you'll get better help asking in the C5 section.

Quick Reply: Problem Solution!