C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diff mount bushing--rubber, Poly, or Solid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 08:14 PM
L-82kid
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Diff mount bushing--rubber, Poly, or Solid?

I'm going through my rear suspension now and getting it set up better for drag racing. Car is still used on street but I've been trying to get to the track more often. Car is a tko-600 stick car, run drag radials, runs 11's, with 400rwhp. hope to be closer to 450-500rwhp and 10 sec range in near future.

For the front diff mounting bushing I was using stock rubber style but i torn up two of them. I found the smaller rubber bushing on top of frame mount were pretty destroyed. I've been running the alum disks on the upper crossmember mounts to help stiffen up things there. But i guess I better stiffen up front mount now.

I was thinking of using either a poly front bushing or using a solid alum disk like Tom's diff sells. I was also thinking of adding a traction bar like Vette brakes sells. I have a new dragvette basic drag kit (strut rods with Heim joints and 1" spacer for strut bracket), i think i would have to make a spacer for between rear spring and traction bar as well to make it work with this dragvette kit?

Anyone make swap from rubber mount to poly or the solid disk on front of diff? Looking for input on traction bars with dragvette kit as well.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Im using poly motor mounts, poly tranny mount and a stock rubber diff front mount as well as stock rubber crossmember bushings....

Tracdogg recommended rubber for the diff to me and thats what I did... I havent torn any mounts yet. BUT a stick car hits the rear end a lot harder then an auto so.... A poly mount may be a good idea for you. I have never tried that "traction bar" thing they make for C3s... A think a good stiff spring and some QA1s would do you good on the rear.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:01 PM
L-82kid
Burning Brakes

I have new QA1 shocks also to go with the dragvette kit. I was thinking of toms steel leaf spring.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:02 PM
L-82kid
Burning Brakes

Im running moroso solid motor mounts, poly trans mount, and was using rubber front diff mount.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:27 AM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

A rubber diffy mount cushion will absorb more of the 'shift shock' than will poly.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 AM
RickyBerg
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

A poly bushing will propably keep the diff aligned better than a flexible rubbermount.

I run solid motormounts and poly gearbox and diff mounts with no problems.

With your setup i would definetly go as solid as posible to eliminate sloppy movements when shifting and so on.

//Ricky.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 PM
vette427-sbc
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Solid motor, rubber trans, solid front diff mount and I made these out of aluminum so the diff is 100% solid mounted to the frame.

No problems here, the car wont dead hook, but it gets launched as well as it can quite often.

Get notified of new replies

To Diff mount bushing--rubber, Poly, or Solid?

Quick Reply: Diff mount bushing--rubber, Poly, or Solid?