C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upper Control Arm Shaft

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 06:31 AM
mikep3
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Upper Control Arm Shaft

I am going to replace my upper control arm bushings with Moog parts. This kit with new offset shaft was offered and I am wanting to know if there is a real advantage to this shaft. Plus how do you install the offset, up or down?

Advance Auto/Moog shaft kit:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...arms+%26+parts
Old 10-03-2013, 11:16 AM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,606 Posts

All you need are the bushings. The offset shaft is for racing requiring extreme camber angles or other issues like a bent frame.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:22 AM
TWINRAY
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MelWff
All you need are the bushings. The offset shaft is for racing requiring extreme camber angles or other issues like a bent frame.

+ Search the web - you should be able to find, without too much difficulty, a $40 coupon code if you spend $100. I used them more than a few times in the past year. Add windshield wipers for another car or something if you need to reach the hundred.

Last edited by TWINRAY; 10-03-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:26 PM
mikep3
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Well, I am going for the Moog bushings only, as my car was tracking straight and had little tire ware.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:46 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

The off-set shaft is to aid in compensating for frame/cradle collapse. I have not heard it being used just for racing...because I have installed numerous of these on street cars

The off-set shaft will give you more ability to align the car in the future...due to the cradle collapses in time...and when the upper shaft is touching the perch on the cradle ( no shims between the shaft and the cradle perch)...then you can not adjust the camber/caster any more. This off-set shaft will give you some more room to possibly obtain a good alignment.

If the off-set shaft is used and you still can not align it...like so many before you...the cradle will need to be stretched so shims can be installed and an alignment achieved.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Upper Control Arm Shaft

Quick Reply: Upper Control Arm Shaft