C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radio repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 03:09 PM
petty44
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default radio repair

looking at having the factory delco am/fm radio repaired,, anyone know of a reputable repair shop. 1975 convertible
Old 04-25-2016, 09:45 PM
Duane4238
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 93 Posts

Pick up a Hemmings Motor News and look in there. I know there are listings for radio repair shops. There is a guy listed that will replace the insides of your radio with new current solid state digital stuff (don't really know what that means) and your radio will look exactly the same but sound better and have more power. Or you can get the old stuff inside it fixed.
Duane
Old 04-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Tooch1
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 311 Posts

I had Jerry Rudbeck at electro design in SC repair mine for my 73. He is the best, mine was in pretty bad shape. It came back great. However, I believe as of April 15th Jerry isn't taking anymore radios. You could give him a call though, or check his webpage for any updates. There is another place that I notice a lot of fellow restorers use with good results, and that is K&B Special Products in Alpheratta Georgia.
Good luck!
Old 04-26-2016, 07:44 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I know of a company that can keep the exterior looking factory correct...but the internals are changed out so the radio is more current and has more capabilities....such and being 4 channel...and the possibility of using an alternate memory stick or whatever so you can play stored/recorded music. That way you can use better speakers and such if you care about the quality of the sound.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To radio repair

Quick Reply: radio repair