C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side mirror stem / base

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 07:52 AM
mokimoki
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side mirror stem / base

Hi all, i know there are lots of side mirror threads out there but none really talks about side mirror stem because most side mirror comes with one as part of the construction.

I bought a pair of Vitaloni that doesn't have a mirror stem like this:

wonder if anyone know where I can find a stem that supports the bottom of the mirror instead of the "back" instead like this:

many many thanks!
Old 09-25-2016, 04:19 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Have you called the mirror vendor to see if they might have what you need to install them on your car?
Old 09-25-2016, 04:55 PM
mokimoki
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
Have you called the mirror vendor to see if they might have what you need to install them on your car?
Yeahh left them an email pending for response too. I don't see anything in their website for now..
Old 09-26-2016, 09:20 PM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Originally Posted by mokimoki
Hi all, i know there are lots of side mirror threads out there but none really talks about side mirror stem because most side mirror comes with one as part of the construction.

wonder if anyone know where I can find a stem that supports the bottom of the mirror instead of the "back" instead like this:

many many thanks!
This looks to be about the closest thing to a true pedestal type mount that Vitaloni offers. The Vitaloni California side mirror.

http://www.grandprixracewear.fr/en/44-mirrors

I would wager that the mirror you posted in the image above has a fabricated pedestal to provide adequate rearward visibility that is so lacking in most C3's. If you really want to use the mirrors you purchased you might consider that as an option.

You might also consider the C3 Sport mirror that was first offered on the C3 in 1977. It does provide reasonable rearward visibility in the C3 although a good portion of it is blocked by the rear quarter panel.

Whatever you do, be sure to obtain a Corvette Sport Mirror and not the F-Body mirror. They look the same, but the pedestal on the Corvette mirror is an inch taller and makes a huge difference.

Good luck... GUSTO
The following users liked this post:
mokimoki (09-27-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Side mirror stem / base

Quick Reply: Side mirror stem / base