C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowered seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 10:59 AM
Kacyc3
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 158 Posts

Default lowered seats

I had the seats out working on the center console and noticed my tire was low, so with the seat out I idled down to the gas station on side roads. The car felt more comfortable, so what seats and how are you guys mounting them to the floor board without seat tracks?
Old 09-28-2016, 11:49 AM
texas jim
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I lowered seats in 1950s and early '60s pick ups I've had in the past, but I'd think, in our Corvettes, you'd have to either modify the floor board or end up with no seat adjustment, as the tracks would have to be eliminated/ fixed seat. Or find different seats that sit lower. Only my opinion from my past experience.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:21 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

I am 6'5" and arthritic as hell, age 72 some 20 years ago I cut the back mount tabs off my seat rails, removed the seat belt cover, and took out some of the springs in the seat bottom, and used the OEM foam on the seat when recovering it.....because it was compressed, the seat looks a bit tired today, but in good shape, really, no tears/etc..... but being not good enough, winter 01-02 I cut the floorboard/firewall in a U up to the steering column, moved the firewall section forward about 3" at the bottom, glassed it in, and then bent the brake and gas pedals so to push the pedals forward about 3", dropping my knees off the steering column which is a later shark TT column with smaller/thicker grip wheel.....

Get notified of new replies

To lowered seats

Quick Reply: lowered seats