C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side windows not sealing

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 10:24 AM
Bhebert449
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Side windows not sealing

The side windows on my c3 coupe do not seat well. Are there adjustments or am I missing some trim?

Old 12-23-2016, 10:30 AM
gjohnson
Drifting

Received 360 Likes on 249 Posts

Looks ok to me. Maybe adjust the bumpers so the glass tilts more so it lays flatter against the rubber.If you need it to go up more there are glass stops that you can adjust.

Last edited by gjohnson; 12-23-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:48 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 416 Likes on 337 Posts

The only thing I can see is in the bottom pic. The T-top weatherstripping seems to be out too far at the front. The glass should go under the outer flap like it does in the rear (second to last pic), and up against the inside part of the rubber. Instead it seems that it is going under the entire thing at the front and I bet you have wind noise. You might have to either adjust the weatherstripping in on the front of the t-top or adjust the windshield pillar weatherstrip retainer out to match the top as they don't seem to line up. It's also possible that the window isn't going up quite far enough as it isn't sealing in the top channel.

Last edited by CanadaGrant; 12-23-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:08 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadaGrant
The only thing I can see is in the bottom pic. The T-top weatherstripping seems to be out too far at the front. The glass should go under the outer flap like it does in the rear (second to last pic), and up against the inside part of the rubber. Instead it seems that it is going under the entire thing at the front and I bet you have wind noise. You might have to either adjust the weatherstripping in on the front of the t-top or adjust the windshield pillar weatherstrip retainer out to match the top as they don't seem to line up.

Hopefully the weatherstrips a e the good ones that are not dense as all get out.

When you are setting your windows to fit....if your weatherstrips are too dense...do not be surprised that the window will go up all the way and seal GREAT when the door is open and you shut it with the door glass UP.

But...when the door is shut...and you try to roll the window up...especially if they are power windows....and you have the engine running when doing this....that the window may not go up all the way due to it is binding on the dense weatherstrip.

And...if your rollers that attach to your door glass have excessive play in them ( thus resulting in excessive in and out play when the door glass is at the top)....anything you do will be pointless to get the glass to seal because the window has a mind of its own and does not stay rigid as it needs to be.

DUB
The following users liked this post:
jim-81 (12-27-2016)
Old 12-24-2016, 05:23 PM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,291 Likes on 3,919 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

The adjustment procedures are in the AIM for your specific year. Willcox has a door screw diagram

http://repairs.willcoxcorvette.com/w...structions.pdf

http://repairs.willcoxcorvette.com/1...stment-screws/

YOu can make them pretty tight but if the rubber is stiff it will be hard to roll all the way up with door shut, my experience

Last edited by Rescue Rogers; 12-24-2016 at 06:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jim-81 (12-27-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Side windows not sealing

Quick Reply: Side windows not sealing