C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 Break Job.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 08:18 PM
PHILB1
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

So I made the move and have had the entire brake system replaced soup to nuts. All calipers and master cylinder are period correct replacements SS sleeved with o ring seals, new lines, hoses and all parking break goodies. Rotors, wheel bearings too. Looks like I will be into the entire job labor and parts for $3250.00. I used a Corvette restoration shop with a really good reputation, and spent a couple of hours with the owner and the staff; these guys are about doing things correctly, and completely. I even got a free basic inspection of the car that turned out to be really informative. This is the first system I have gone through and took many members, and Corvette lovers advise and replaced everything, not wanting to chase bits and pieces round and round. Any thoughts on the price I paid? I think I did OK considering that the entire breaking system is now back to stock and should perform like new. Thoughts? I am really beginning to enjoy the process, and really looking forward to the spring here in the east.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:09 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Not knowing what they charge per hour...and how many hours they changed you for......and how much you paid for the actual parts...and if they did your rear wheel bearings or only the front wheel bearings....and if they replaced both parking brake cables or only the rear crossover cable..and when you wrote 'lines'...is that ALL of the brake lines or only the ones for your rear calipers.....it is hard to say if the price you paid is fair or not.

DUB
Old 03-02-2017, 08:37 PM
twinpack
Drifting

Received 349 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by PHILB1
So I made the move and have had the entire brake system replaced soup to nuts. All calipers and master cylinder are period correct replacements SS sleeved with o ring seals, new lines, hoses and all parking break goodies. Rotors, wheel bearings too. Looks like I will be into the entire job labor and parts for $3250.00. I used a Corvette restoration shop with a really good reputation, and spent a couple of hours with the owner and the staff; these guys are about doing things correctly, and completely. I even got a free basic inspection of the car that turned out to be really informative. This is the first system I have gone through and took many members, and Corvette lovers advise and replaced everything, not wanting to chase bits and pieces round and round. Any thoughts on the price I paid? I think I did OK considering that the entire breaking system is now back to stock and should perform like new. Thoughts? I am really beginning to enjoy the process, and really looking forward to the spring here in the east.
Just saying. I have around 600.00 in to my brake rebuild. New rotors, pads, lines, clips, stainless steel flex lines and rebuild kits for the calibers. I stayed with the lip seal design and was able to get the rotor run-out within .002. I'm happy with that. Thanks Gary R. for the advice again.

Last edited by twinpack; 03-03-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Quick Reply: 1969 Break Job.