C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speedo/tach pc board

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 05:43 PM
michaelroy
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default speedo/tach pc board

Replacing the printed circuit board on my 79. anyone know how to remove the 3 contacts pictured. They must go under the pcb.
Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2017, 06:51 PM
71VetteLover
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 71 Posts

Have you ordered the new circuit board yet? unless it's mechanically damaged I would think a thorough cleaning would restore it to good working condition. And what does the other side of those steel things look like? Are they crimped on the opposite side? If they're supposed to be making contact with the copper bars they may not be because of oxidation or ? If you could remove them you could try giving them a coating of solder and then re-crimp them.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Antz81
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts

You need to remove the tach from the other side then you should be able to see how they clip in.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:05 AM
michaelroy
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Pcb

Well I actually ordered this pcb in error. I intentended to get the other board for the gauges. When I discovered my error the part had already shipped. SO I decided, while everything was apart, I would just changed it also.
Went against my own rule: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Probably do as suggested. Clean it well and leave it in.
Anybody need an extra speedo/tach pcb?
Old 10-07-2017, 11:28 AM
BlackC3vette
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelroy
Well I actually ordered this pcb in error. I intentended to get the other board for the gauges. When I discovered my error the part had already shipped. SO I decided, while everything was apart, I would just changed it also.
Went against my own rule: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Probably do as suggested. Clean it well and leave it in.
I did replace my PCB, but it was years ago. But, I don't remember it being all that difficult to release those connectors. Look at Willcox's instructions for replacing the tach board to remove the tachometer so you can gain access to those release clips.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:14 PM
Antz81
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelroy
Give it a good look over first. Mine looked great (mostly) when I replace it. There was just one track in the corner that had lifted, it was almost about to create a short. Even in my photos of it it's hard to see the problem.

Get notified of new replies

To speedo/tach pc board

Quick Reply: speedo/tach pc board