C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temperature sensor question

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Ksp3cialK
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Temperature sensor question

First off I would like to thank everyone for helping me so far.

I've done some searching on google and various forums and cant seem to find an answer. The super old Intellitronix digital gauges in my car were reading some wacky numbers, like -70 for the water temp on a cold engine with ambient around 70F. I emailed them and they sent me replacement gauges but no senders. Now my temp gauge is reading 18F on a cold engine on a 60f day and the oil temp was reading 28. Theoretically they should read the same on an engine that has not been ran in a week.
My car appears to have the stock senders in place, my question is, are the Intellitronix senders the same as factory GM?

Pretty much, I don't know if my senders are bad, or the senders are fine but the gauges are not calibrated for them. Ideas?
Old 11-13-2017, 12:46 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,600 Posts

I would think you have to ask Intellitronix as to what senders to use with their gauges.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:32 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by MelWff
I would think you have to ask Intellitronix as to what senders to use with their gauges.

The temp sender can be a part that they offer to make the gauge read correctly.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Temperature sensor question

Quick Reply: Temperature sensor question