C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ground Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 07:31 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by TCracingCA
I do think many dance around timid to give advice. Many make sure what they write is going to be the consensus of the group! I am just a little more direct, when I have time to give an entire proper reply!

It was was an awesome spot on the cracked rear cover!

I for one can appreciate your direct approach. I have recently tried to pull back my talons when I give replies do to so many people here on the forum take my suggestions as a demand and get all pissy. That is not the case in this thread. My comments and suggestions were well received.....because all I am doing.... much like you is provide help.

But in other threads....they get all worked up.

I have dealt with customers who will go through the process to clean up a badly pitted part just because it was the 'original' and not consider the integrity of THAT part. And I have customers who care less and want the best apt possible And customers who are all in the middle of those two extremes.

So..I often times never know what to 'say' due to you can count on pissing someone off...and I try to cover all the bases as best as possible....so when emotions of a person overrides their intellect...and they choose to cast the first stone by writing a nasty/ negative comment....I then have no problem in allowing my talons to come out.

But the funny thing is...I realize that they no longer can communicate as an intellectual person with constructive comments...and it is often times useless trying to communicate to a person who is acting like a 2 year old who is having a temper tantrum.

Sorry about not adding anything positive to your thread but I think it has all been said in the past posts.

DUB
Old 03-15-2018, 07:44 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
I for one can appreciate your direct approach. I have recently tried to pull back my talons when I give replies do to so many people here on the forum take my suggestions as a demand and get all pissy. That is not the case in this thread. My comments and suggestions were well received.....because all I am doing.... much like you is provide help.

But in other threads....they get all worked up.

I have dealt with customers who will go through the process to clean up a badly pitted part just because it was the 'original' and not consider the integrity of THAT part. And I have customers who care less and want the best apt possible And customers who are all in the middle of those two extremes.

So..I often times never know what to 'say' due to you can count on pissing someone off...and I try to cover all the bases as best as possible....so when emotions of a person overrides their intellect...and they choose to cast the first stone by writing a nasty/ negative comment....I then have no problem in allowing my talons to come out.

But the funny thing is...I realize that they no longer can communicate as an intellectual person with constructive comments...and it is often times useless trying to communicate to a person who is acting like a 2 year old who is having a temper tantrum.

Sorry about not adding anything positive to your thread but I think it has all been said in the past posts.

DUB
I kind of got it there for awhile from many directions and retired for awhile, and went to PRC where people have thicker skins! But people keep resurrecting threads I was heavily involved in, or I was referenced in a thread or two, or I am contacted by members by private email to give comment or thoughts about certain threads or posts, etc. I am kind of retired still, but occasionally I might participate! This guy has a car with a lot of potential! He would like to see him drive it, without dying! Therefore not as politically correct!

Dub I like your style old and new! You help a lot of people with great advice!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 03-15-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:13 PM
ZRXGreen
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Gentlemen, I appreciate your input, as always and have not taken offense to anything you've written. I guess I'm of the mind that if I'm asking the question, I have to be prepared for the answer, however it's delivered. And I need to find the value in whatever is being offered to me as advice, without getting hung up on the way it's worded, etc.

There are all kinds of different people on this forum (as in life), and you have to learn how to deal with that range of people. As someone in need of help and assistance, it would be pretty crappy of me to take offense to the way someone phrased something, being that they are only trying to help. In both your cases for example, what I see in your posts is passion: Passion for the hobby, passion for doing it right, and passion for helping others. And it's much appreciated. And the fact that you've both been thanked in threads hundreds of times shows that I'm not the only one who appreciates your insight and advice.

The only exception to my philosophy of course, is when someone makes the switch and get personal--at that point, things obviously change. That hasn't happened to me, however I have seen it in other threads.

Once again, thanks to everyone that has cared enough to offer me advice.

BTW, TC--what's PRC?

Last edited by ZRXGreen; 03-15-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:16 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ZRXGreen
Gentlemen, I appreciate your input, as always and have not taken offense to anything you've written. I guess I'm of the mind that if I'm asking the question, I have to be prepared for the answer, however it's delivered. And I need to find the value in whatever is being offered to me as advice, without getting hung up on the way it's worded, etc.

There are all kinds of different people on this forum (as in life), and you have to learn how to deal with that range of people. As someone in need of help and assistance, it would be pretty crappy of me to take offense to the way someone phrased something, being that they are only trying to help. In both your cases for example, what I see in your posts is passion: Passion for the hobby, passion for doing it right, and passion for helping others. And it's much appreciated. And the fact that you've both been thanked in threads hundreds of times shows that I'm not the only one who appreciates your insight and advice.

The only exception to my philosophy of course, is when someone makes the switch and get personal--at that point, things obviously change. That hasn't happened to me, however I have seen it in other threads.

Once again, thanks to everyone that has cared enough to offer me advice.

BTW, TC--what's PRC?
PRC (Politics, Religion, Controversy Section)- I don't know if you want to go there, it gets addictive!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 03-16-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:58 AM
bfit
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts

Measure from the chassis in front of the rear wheel , varies depending on the car spec
But around 7.5’’ is about right for stock.
Mine measures 6’’ and I have 3.3/4’’ Clearance under the exhaust with 3’’ Pipes.

Last edited by bfit; 03-16-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:36 AM
ZRXGreen
Racer

TCracingCA, thanks--I'll have to check PRC out at some point.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:38 AM
ZRXGreen
Racer

Originally Posted by bfit
Measure from the chassis in front of the rear wheel , varies depending on the car spec
But around 7.5’’ is about right for stock.
Mine measures 6’’ and I have 3.3/4’’ Clearance unde the exhaust with 3’’ Pipes.
Thanks--that's interesting as that's only 1.5" more clearance than I have. What tires are you running?
Old 03-16-2018, 04:11 PM
bfit
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by ZRXGreen
Thanks--that's interesting as that's only 1.5" more clearance than I have. What tires are you running?
275/35/19 front 285/35/19 rear
Old 03-16-2018, 04:34 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Depends on people's budgets, and you don't want tires sitting around getting old while you drop your spare coins in the piggy bank to save for the next batch of parts, but I like to set up my tire and rims sizes (even if you just buy one tire and rims or two) prior to setting up my suspension and ride height, I have even just mount an old end of life tire, just to size like flares and things, or prior to doing the suspension! If you are keeping it all original, then way less of a problem, and I do like the Vintage repop tires that have come out!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 03-17-2018 at 01:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ZRXGreen (03-17-2018)

Quick Reply: Ground Clearance