C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower Fan Switch Replacement

Old 08-03-2018, 08:14 PM
crjones40
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower Fan Switch Replacement

Are there any good instructions (illustrations) on how to replace the blower motor fan switch with heat and a/c on a 72 C3? Do I need to remove the entire console? jI tried to remove the faceplate and it comes up a little way but then acts like something is preventing it from coming up any further. It look like the a/c control module is holding things up.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:55 AM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by crjones40
Are there any good instructions (illustrations) on how to replace the blower motor fan switch with heat and a/c on a 72 C3? Do I need to remove the entire console? jI tried to remove the faceplate and it comes up a little way but then acts like something is preventing it from coming up any further. It look like the a/c control module is holding things up.
You'll need to remove the shifter **** and T handle... then you remove the screws that hold the shift console plate in place....there should be four.

Once you remove the shifter plate you should be able to lift the plate off the console ( the heater control will stay in place)... There are two small screws that hold the heater control in place so once you remove these you should be able to pull it out a bit. There are two screws that hold the switch to the control and you can change it out without removing the cables.

Willcox
Old 08-04-2018, 10:53 AM
crjones40
Cruising

Default Blower fan switch

Thanks for the help. I wanted to make sure I was heading in the right direction. I’ve had the **** **** off but what is the “T” handle?
Old 08-04-2018, 04:09 PM
ctmccloskey
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,102 Likes on 874 Posts

On my 1968 C3 it came with a "T-Handle" and you pulled up on the "tee" when you wanted to shift into reverse, at least on my car.
Good luck!
Old 08-04-2018, 06:46 PM
crjones40
Cruising

Default T handle

thanks for your reply. My 72 only has the round shift **** with a spring loaded shift button. I unscrewed the **** and that was the trick. One thing I had to do to get the plate off was to shift it into neutral first. Other than that it was not too bad. Got the switch replaced. Thanks for everyone’s help

Get notified of new replies

To Blower Fan Switch Replacement

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blower Fan Switch Replacement