part number - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

part number

Reply

 
 
 
Old 08-13-2018, 07:55 PM
  #1  
JR333
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Location: Abbotsford
Posts: 42
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default part number

for the trailing arm bearings and seals. Timken part number be the best. Anybody have these numbers I will appreciate

do the dust covers come from a bearing place or do you guys get from a corvette place ?

Thanks in advance
JR333 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:57 AM
  #2  
bazza77
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Location: perth western australia
Posts: 1,352
Thanked 200 Times in 191 Posts
Default

Timken inner bearing: M86649
Timken inner race: M86610

Timken outer bearing: LM48548
Timken outer race: LM48510

SKF inner seal: 16757
SKF outer seal: 19803

dust cover that slips over the cast bearing housing

https://www.zip-corvette.com/63-82-r...st-shield.html

one that goes on flange , but I have never seen a damaged one
https://www.zip-corvette.com/63-82-r...deflector.html
bazza77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazza77 For This Useful Post:
69L46vert (08-14-2018), JR333 (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 10:40 AM
  #3  
JR333
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Location: Abbotsford
Posts: 42
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bazza77 View Post
Timken inner bearing: M86649
Timken inner race: M86610

Timken outer bearing: LM48548
Timken outer race: LM48510

SKF inner seal: 16757
SKF outer seal: 19803

dust cover that slips over the cast bearing housing

https://www.zip-corvette.com/63-82-r...st-shield.html

one that goes on flange , but I have never seen a damaged one
https://www.zip-corvette.com/63-82-r...deflector.html
perfect, I'll get the parts today. the dust seals I could not find anywhere and last night I found 3 places. Everything else back there is new so I figured why not...
JR333 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:23 AM
  #4  
Willcox Corvette
Premium Supporting Vendor
 
Willcox Corvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Jeffersonville Indiana 812-288-7103
Posts: 62,878
Thanked 1,067 Times in 907 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15
Default

I carry the timpkin bearings in stock as a kit that includes the races and the seals. I don't think you can buy them locally at this price but you might. https://willcoxcorvette.com/corvette...ring-kit-63-82

The shield can be found here... and like the post above, it's very rare to need the other shield. https://willcoxcorvette.com/corvette...g-shield-63-82

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 08-14-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Willcox Corvette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:00 PM
  #5  
bazza77
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Location: perth western australia
Posts: 1,352
Thanked 200 Times in 191 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JR333 View Post
perfect, I'll get the parts today. the dust seals I could not find anywhere and last night I found 3 places. Everything else back there is new so I figured why not...
when I put that seal on the cast flange I always use some rtv to "glue" it on as well ,
bazza77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bazza77 For This Useful Post:
JR333 (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 08:57 PM
  #6  
JR333
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Location: Abbotsford
Posts: 42
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bazza77 View Post
when I put that seal on the cast flange I always use some rtv to "glue" it on as well ,
great idea. I learned all this stuff from my brother but he past a few years ago and yes, I would have forgot to do that
JR333 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: