C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68 Brake Light Switch HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 03:43 PM
68RPOL71
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 31 Posts

Default 68 Brake Light Switch HELP

in re installing my 68 brake light switch, I can't get the switch adjusted so the brake lights are off.

is there a trick or procedure to adjust the switch on the pedal housing so it is forward far enough to turn the lights off when the pedal is not pressed.

it's an original switch that works, and the pedals and housings are original but this car has been taken apart and restored, I'm just trying sort out the electrical and wiring.

trying to adjust this under the dash is a real PITA....

thanks for any help!
Old 09-23-2018, 09:51 AM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Posting GOOD, WELL LIT photos of what you have going on would be a great help so we can see what you have going on and the switch you are using.

DUB
Old 09-23-2018, 10:01 AM
HeadsU.P.
Le Mans Master

Received 2,123 Likes on 1,630 Posts

I accidently bought a Brake Light Switch that also had the clutch neutral safety switch incorporated. Because I have an automatic, I did not use the other two prongs for the clutch wire harness. You are not using the wrong prongs are you?

You may have to keep playing with that adjustment nut to get it just right. It helps to do this in a dark garage with the door closed. You will be able to monitor the brake lights reflection.

Get notified of new replies

To 68 Brake Light Switch HELP

Quick Reply: 68 Brake Light Switch HELP