C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quadrajet carb numbers

Old 11-14-2018, 11:05 AM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,917 Likes on 1,929 Posts

Post, or send me, a few pictures of the carb, if you haven't already fully disassembled it. I can identify a commercially built carb. If the SR carb was manufactured in the mid- to late-80s, it can have Torx screws. However, many commercially built carbs also have Torx (or Phillips head) screws. The carb I pictured above is an SR carb - same number as yours - and it has the correct slotted fillister head screws.

Lars
V8FastCars@msn.com
Old 12-07-2018, 08:48 AM
teamo
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts

The rebuild is going pretty well. I have the carb back together. I replaced the front vacuum choke pull off. While testing the front and rear pull-offs with a vacuum pump the front is fine, the rear does not pull in unless I block off the hole in it. No amount of vacuum will cause the pull off to operate with the vacuum applied unless the hole is blocked. I assume that the hole is there to bleed off the vacuum source once the pull off operates but it will not move at all with the hole open. Is the pull off defective?
​​​​​​​

Last edited by teamo; 12-07-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: quadrajet carb numbers