C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? distributor vacuum pod

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 11:15 AM
69FASTFUN
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 141 Posts

Default ? distributor vacuum pod

I am cleaning up my distributor for my 72 350 and I replaced the lead wire so I had to take the pod out to access the wire. The number on the pod is B26. My motor has a mild cam with aluminum Blueprint heads and Edelbrock Performer intake and quadrajet rebuilt by Lars would that pod work? The specs on the current pod 5-7 start at Vac max advance 8 @ 11-13 according to Lars paper. I am doing a body off restoration so the motor is not running right now.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2019, 12:21 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,924 Likes on 1,930 Posts

That's a good vacuum advance control unit for a mild performance application - should work great for you. It will work even better if you install one of my limiters - e-mail me if you need info on that and about overall timing setup.

Lars
V8FastCars@msn.com
Old 06-10-2019, 01:36 PM
mongoose87
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 69FASTFUN
I am cleaning up my distributor for my 72 350 and I replaced the lead wire so I had to take the pod out to access the wire. The number on the pod is B26. My motor has a mild cam with aluminum Blueprint heads and Edelbrock Performer intake and quadrajet rebuilt by Lars would that pod work? The specs on the current pod 5-7 start at Vac max advance 8 @ 11-13 according to Lars paper. I am doing a body off restoration so the motor is not running right now.

Thanks
This is off topic, but was your engine installed before you removed the body?
I am doing a vortec head upgrade with a performer intake and I am having problems with hood clearance using a 1.32" drop base air cleaner with 3" element.
Can you tell me what size filter element you have?
Old 06-10-2019, 05:27 PM
69FASTFUN
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by mongoose87
This is off topic, but was your engine installed before you removed the body?
I am doing a vortec head upgrade with a performer intake and I am having problems with hood clearance using a 1.32" drop base air cleaner with 3" element.
Can you tell me what size filter element you have?
I am using an LT-1 hood with a the stock dual snorkel air cleaner. I had another 72 with a stock hood and a performer manifold and I used the 69 70 350hp open element stock filter hope that answers your question.

Get notified of new replies

To ? distributor vacuum pod

Quick Reply: ? distributor vacuum pod