Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Interstate Battery Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Jim Nichols
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday, I sent an email to Interstate with this link. Everyone here may be intrested in the reply I received today from their Customer Service Department. Over six years from the first time I contacted them. Maybe they have changed their ways. For what it is worth, I responded that I didn't want a refund, instead like most customers, just someone to listen.

"Thank you for contacting the home office of Interstate Battery. I apologize for the bad treatment that you received from Interstate Battery in 2005. I wish that I had been able to help you in 2005. For example, to this day, we would never ship a battery from Detroit to Dallas to be tested. The testing is still normally done at the local retail dealer. Did anyone with Interstate Battery ever give you a new battery or send you a refund check for the value of the months left on your old battery? If not, then I can send you a refund check. Please let me know what I can do to help you today."

Last edited by Jim Nichols; 03-09-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:50 PM
4howard
Instructor

Just replaced my Interstate today, only got three years out of it, but then I really let the battery discharge too often. I also found of all my cars, my 91 Vette discharges the battery fastest. Installed a new Delco, because thats what the car came with and thats how I want to keep it.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Soloflexerus
Intermediate

[QUOTE=c4cruiser;1549981153]There should be absolutely no reason to have to wait for another battery. The local dealer should have replaced it on the spot. The Interstate Battery website clearly specifies the free replacement period depending on the model of the battery. According to their website. you don't need the original purchase receipt and the purhcase date should be on the battery.

At Kragen, (now Oh, Really?) all I had to give them was my phone number to look up the purchase date. A dozen keystrokes later and I had a new battery.

Quick Reply: Interstate Battery Update