Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

I need help........... with the wife!!! First Post

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 10:33 PM
Bloodvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say blow your life savings on a gorgeous yellow C5 convertible and surprise her. she would be pretty surprised I tell ya.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:53 AM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Congradulations on obtaining the concent to look.

I was going to suggest an alternative approach ...... wait until your about 50 or so and then just calmly explain to her that it's time for your midlife cricis and the corvette will be much safer than a fling with a 17 yr old chick. (Remenber to duck after saying this)

Just kidden ya. Look long & hard. Don;t buy the first one that comes along and don't be afraid to buy one out of town. This can be done with a high degree of confidence of done correctly.

Be sure to ask us a lot of questions cause we are always glad to hald another member get started
Old 05-09-2005, 02:05 AM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by MikeC4
you have got to be shiddin' me! You showed her this thread? I bet she was real tickled to see that her picture was posted in response to a trade up offer for a '94!!!.... Dude, it is time for you to reclaim the "pants" in your family... If my wife went out and spent a small fortune on cloths each year, I will 'pay it forward' and GIVE her to XFIRED, and he can keep his Vette. I'll even pay for the shipping costs!!

In fact, here's a picture of my wife looking tarty as ever.....someone...please take her off my hands:

I like my women a little on the trashy side.... can she cook?
Old 05-09-2005, 02:34 AM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default That's it!.

Originally Posted by jabez
Just go pick it up and drive it into your driveway. Yeah, she will be a little mad at you but only for a day or two. Take her for a ride, let her drive, etc, and she will ask for a C6 in no time.

Totally agreed that's what i do alllllll the time and for allllll the stuff
which she was against it. She will be mad a couple of days
but u know the happy end u both will be flyin and smilin.

Good luck and let us know.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:45 AM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Why do women try to pull this crap!?? I am not married, but I will NEVER marry a woman that tries to make me sell my Corvette, or anything else I love. If we need the money that's one thing, but I think they do it just to have the control because they're insecure. I think it's just a control issue.

Just buy a Corvette and when you bring it home, tell her: (1) A Corvette is cheaper than drug rehab, and (2) As mad as she might be, a Corvette will cause less marital problems than a mistress.

Last edited by BlackbirdZ07; 05-09-2005 at 02:52 AM.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:37 AM
D.Rose
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
Why do women try to pull this crap!?? I am not married, but I will NEVER marry a woman that tries to make me sell my Corvette, or anything else I love. If we need the money that's one thing, but I think they do it just to have the control because they're insecure. I think it's just a control issue.

Just buy a Corvette and when you bring it home, tell her: (1) A Corvette is cheaper than drug rehab, and (2) As mad as she might be, a Corvette will cause less marital problems than a mistress.

Maybe you should read the complete thread before posting
Old 05-09-2005, 08:33 AM
C-4 Now
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Same wife 35 years! Bought first Vette before I said "I do". Great wife! Many Vette's later she just acepts it as part of package. A trip to Hawaii a month ago for 89 Callaway pretty much confirms I am a Vette addict. Wife came along for trip. Now she's one helping push for extra garage for two Vette's. Works for me. Hope it works out for you.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:49 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

MIKEC4-I thnk I'm dating your wifes sister-They look an awful lot alike-Maybe I can trade her for a GS
Old 05-09-2005, 10:20 AM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by newbecorvetteguy
I'm getting a vibe that you and your wife might not be on the same page about a lot of stuff.

Does she get your approval before she buys her clothes??

IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT..........................
Go Vette shopping, and keep her in the loop: ask her which color she prefers on the car, ask her if she prefers the vert or the coupe, ask her if she prefers the '89 over the '93 or visa versa, ask her if she likes the auto or the manual.....get my point?
Then, get the one you want.

Larry
code5coupe
Old 05-09-2005, 10:41 AM
brdd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Howdy and Welcome!

Your dilemma is less about getting a corvette than it is about life and relationships and communication. Let me start by saying that your request, based on what little we know about you and your spouse, is not unreasonable. You need to sit down with her and tell her how you feel. Take her for a ride in the type you want. Show her the advantages of corvette ownership such as good mileage and reasonable insurance. Point out that, in general, corvettes hold their value better than most cars. If you have a bad driving record she should be alarmed. If you have other negative behavioral traits she may not relent. If, on the other hand, you don't have many bad habits and you work hard to provide for your share of the partnership, a sale here should be easier.

Above all, respect her as your partner and be persuasive and positive, not demanding. Remember, life is a marathon, not a sprint.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:38 AM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I don't drink any more.
Don't golf.
Don't fish much.
Don't play around.
Don't smoke.
My Corvette is my hobby. I consider it garage therapy to go out in the pole barn and fix something on the car. Mind you, I usually break something else in the process but this gives me more therapy time!
I think most women who care about their life partners are happy that their guy has a hobby that pleases them. Life can truly be a bitch sometimes and if you have something that can make it more pleasant then you are far better off than a lot of folks out there.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:52 AM
stevec4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just asked my wife about this and her comment was

"These guys just don't understand women - the answer is easy - take her to the Jewelry store and buy her a big diamond in exchange for you getting the vette - it's a simple matter of negotiation and trade"

Guess I know what I have to do before I get the C5
Old 05-09-2005, 02:02 PM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by stevec4
I just asked my wife about this and her comment was
"These guys just don't understand women - the answer is easy - take her to the Jewelry store and buy her a big diamond in exchange for you getting the vette - it's a simple matter of negotiation and trade"
Guess I know what I have to do before I get the C5

Yeah, obtain a divorce....it'd be cheaper.

Larry
code5coupe
Old 05-09-2005, 02:30 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by rocco16

Does she get your approval before she buys her clothes??

IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT..........................
Go Vette shopping, and keep her in the loop: ask her which color she prefers on the car, ask her if she prefers the vert or the coupe, ask her if she prefers the '89 over the '93 or visa versa, ask her if she likes the auto or the manual.....get my point?
Then, get the one you want.

Larry
code5coupe
Even if she says she hates them all (like Mine) go get one anyway...She got over it..kinda
Old 05-09-2005, 03:18 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Even if she says she hates them all (like Mine) go get one anyway...She got over it..kinda

......yeah, and if she doesn't get over it....you can still swap her out with my low mileage wife, or my wife's sister, or perhaps my wife's niece or even my wife's cousin....!!
Old 05-09-2005, 03:42 PM
redcorvettedave
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Stop all the small talk and buy the vette now....tried to post a reply to you last nite ....but the wife was looking over my shoulder...could not be candid.....but you should get the point I'm trying to say! You only got a few days left before....she realizes your going to bring another woman in her house to live...that will get more time and attention and more passion and more pampering and more money spent on her than she does! BUY THE VETTE NOW!!!!!
Old 05-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Otis
Instructor

This really isn't about a Corvette. It's about what's attracted to Corvettes - WOMEN! It's a babe magnet for sure...

Get notified of new replies

To I need help........... with the wife!!! First Post

Old 05-09-2005, 06:19 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Otis
This really isn't about a Corvette. It's about what's attracted to Corvettes - WOMEN! It's a babe magnet for sure...
The whole time I was reading this entire thread, I was thinking the same thing. Women know Vettes are chick magnets and this is the reason some wives don't want their hubby to have one.
Good call Otis
Old 05-09-2005, 07:56 PM
boatman
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default He Needs a Vette

Going back to the original post, he wants a Vette. He should be able to pick up a nice well taken care of 85 C4 with little cash outlay.

If he wants to spend more money, and we always do, what if this:

All financial obligations for shelter, kid's clothes, school money, food, insurance, health insurance, car insurance, wife's ride, gas for wife's ride, entertainment, beer, and saving or investing at least 10% of net income, etc., etc., and the other half still has reservations about him getting a new toy, and he caves in, could he be p---y whipped?
There is no way she can say no if all of the above obligations are met.
He is the dragon slayer, protecting her, family, house and home.
After all, if she is going to lead her man around by the nose, then he deserves what he gets or doesn't get.
And if that is the case, then the woman is not going to respect a follower.
Boatman
Old 05-09-2005, 07:57 PM
95polo
Instructor

I just didn't tell my wife I was going to buy one. I just came home from work one day and told her I bought a Vette and she needed to take me to pick it up. She wouldn't talk to me all evening so I took her out to dinner, just because I wanted to drive the Vette. I had a couple of drinks and told her that she would have to drive home. About five minutes into the drive home she was lovin' it! What she got mad about was that I wouldn't buy her a larger vehicle because at the time we had a 9 year old and twin 1 year olds and she was driving a Gran Prix and she was wanting a tahoe or expedition. She needs a school bus!

Quick Reply: I need help........... with the wife!!! First Post