C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Corsa price

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:43 PM
85 500 horse
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redvette6spd
775.00 Unreal man they got ya by the short hairs WTF is a guy supposed to do the drone almost drove me insane I had to get them I think they were 799.00 3 years ago a big chunk of change but didn't bankrupt me. I wonder what stock mufflers with headers and a bunch of mods would sound like or how restrictive they would be. 775.00 that's a lot of firkin money for 2 mufflers.
I hear ya bro. Resonance sucks big time. If I can't somehow ditch the noise, I'm going to have to pony up the $$$$. I think it's highway robbery, but what's a guy to do? Either drive with earplugs or pay the piper. The funny thing is that as mentioned in the above post, I was quoted $775 for the mufflers (straight from Corsa), but I found a company that charges $735 for the entire catback. The Corsa tech I dealt with told me that he will work with me, so I'm assuming he'll come down in price, but the question is how much? I plan to tell him that I can get the whole system for less than what he is willing to sell only their mufflers. If I get any info., I'll pass it along.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:19 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Last time I talked to them they said absolutely not would they sell just the mufflers, you had to buy a system to get the muffs.

Has something changed?

I give it a year, the Chinese will make a cheap knockoff that works...Hey they got the toothpaste that tastes like Prestone down pat they can build a muffler too....
Old 08-23-2007, 09:31 PM
jimbomill
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bugmanjack
Can someone post a vid or a sound clip of their corsa exhaust. This may be my first upgrade to my vert.
This should work
http://www.corsaperf.com/flashc5-tiger.htm
Old 08-23-2007, 09:37 PM
85 500 horse
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Last time I talked to them they said absolutely not would they sell just the mufflers, you had to buy a system to get the muffs.

Has something changed?

I give it a year, the Chinese will make a cheap knockoff that works...Hey they got the toothpaste that tastes like Prestone down pat they can build a muffler too....
I guess they did change their rules. I just got done sending the guy I've been dealing from Corsa an e-mail listing the fact that I can get their entire system cheaper elsewhere than what they're willing to sell me only the mufflers. He did say he will work with me, so I can only hope.

I think you're right about the Chinese. They will invent an exhaust system that is so loud, that it makes you deaf, eliminating the need to kill resonance.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:38 PM
RRT vette
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bugmanjack
Can someone post a vid or a sound clip of their corsa exhaust. This may be my first upgrade to my vert.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:46 PM
pianoguy
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbomill
I wish I hadn't heard that
Old 08-23-2007, 09:50 PM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

I can get their entire system cheaper elsewhere than what they're willing to sell me only the mufflers. He did say he will work with me, so I can only hope.
Be sure and post what happens, very interested. I just wanna cut some up anyway and see about making some LT1 appearing tips...It would be a PITA but could be done -Only part about the muffler Im not crazy about.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:55 PM
85 500 horse
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Be sure and post what happens, very interested. I just wanna cut some up anyway and see about making some LT1 appearing tips...It would be a PITA but could be done -Only part about the muffler Im not crazy about.
Today, the Corsa rep and I exchanged numerous e-mail and he was extremely responsive. I think I received a response within one hour from my initial correspondence. I can get a brand new Corsa setup for $735 with free shipping from http://www.lmperformance.com/7127/24.html. I told the rep that in the e-mail and I'm confident I'll get a response, probably tomorrow. It may not be what I want to read, but at least we'll know where they stand. Either way, I'll post the results. Also, I mentioned to him that there were several of us here who are interested in a Corsa setup and asked if he would give us all a discount.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:02 PM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

Awesome!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:36 PM
jghmczo6
Racer

Originally Posted by VetteSlave
Expect to pay more than that! The cheapest? Try a place (drop/ship) called The Auto Parts Warehouse, I think they're in Carson CA. They were selling the thing for around $1150 +/-.
I'm not going to suggest any brand to you, but if you value getting the most for your money you'll do much much, make that MUCH MUCH better elsewhere. Most of my "really know their Vette's" friends all agree that Corsa exhausts are the single most over-rated and overpriced Corvette after market product out there!
I completly disagree, I have had corsa on my car for 6+ months and they are great looking, great sound, coupled without cockpit resonance. I had Exotic Muscle install hooker headers, random tech cats and true duel exhaust corsa and I could not be happier.

A different view.............
Old 08-23-2007, 10:41 PM
85 500 horse
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jghmczo6
I completly disagree, I have had corsa on my car for 6+ months and they are great looking, great sound, coupled without cockpit resonance. I had Exotic Muscle install hooker headers, random tech cats and true duel exhaust corsa and I could not be happier.

A different view.............

Knowing full well what resonance sounds like, if they were the only company that was selling no resonance exhaust systems (oops, they are the only one) and was asking $2,000, it would be worth it. I wouldn't pay it, but it would be worth it. I'm either going to lick this resonance problem or pay their price. I cannot live with the ungodful noise.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:58 PM
85 500 horse
Melting Slicks

Believe it or not, the Corsa rep. just responded (10:45 PM). Man are they good. He told me that he will be out of the office tomorrow morning and we're trying to set up a time for when we both will be in to discuss the matter. When I'm out, he's in and when I'm in, he's out - naturally. It looks like they just may be willing to work with me (us). I'll keep you guys apprised.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:20 PM
85 500 horse
Melting Slicks

This is just incredible. I just now received another reply from the Corsa rep. It's about 11:00 PM and he's obviously on his own time and he took the time to get back with me instead of making me wait until tomorrow. Now that's customer service.

He said that I can call him tomorrow at 12:00, which is exactly what I will do. When I told him again that there were several people here who were also interested in a Corsa setup, he asked me for the link. I sent it to him and when he looks at it, he will see that we are for real about wanting to purchase their product. I still have my fingers crossed about them offering us a setup for a good price.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:23 PM
F1Fan
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Group purchase maybe?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:31 PM
85 500 horse
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by F1Fan
Group purchase maybe?
That's exactly what I'm working on. I told him that there were a bunch of us here who wanted their system but didn't want to pay retail. I've been playing the e-mail game with him for a few days and tomorrow I'm calling him to discuss everything. I need only mufflers and I know most others need the whole setup. I'm working on obtaining a discounted purchase price for both.

What may be a problem is the shipping. The $735 price (catback (L98) - not only mufflers) that I mentioned above from another vendor includes free shipping. I'll have to explain to the rep. tomorrow when I speak to him the fact about free shipping and can only hope that he will work out some kind of deal with and for us.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:51 PM
tbyrne
Race Director

Location: Westport, MA. www.tbyrnemotorsports.com - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Corsa recently started selling their mufflers seperate. I believe they are only doing this for some vehicles for now. It will be interesting to see what they say. There have been some pricing issues with a few vendors so maybe everything will be straightened out soon
Old 08-24-2007, 09:28 AM
adi4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RRT vette
I like my Corsa and think it is worth the price.

Next to the 383 it is the best thing that I ever bought for my C4

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa price

Old 08-24-2007, 09:38 AM
dclafleur
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 85 500 horse
That's exactly what I'm working on. I told him that there were a bunch of us here who wanted their system but didn't want to pay retail. I've been playing the e-mail game with him for a few days and tomorrow I'm calling him to discuss everything. I need only mufflers and I know most others need the whole setup. I'm working on obtaining a discounted purchase price for both.
That would be awesome if you worked this out, I would put off paying my tuition another month if the right price came along on a corsa exhaust system.

I just can't justify selling a kidney to get exhaust for my car at the regular list prices on it.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:25 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

I just got my Corsa put on ( mufflers only), it is definately queiter inside, especially at idle/cruise. It is louder out side, cool sound at idle, that snare drum/hollow sound.

I still hear it inside under acceleration, but I think it is just the overall loudness vs. drone. As soon as I started it, I could tell the resonance was gone. I really want to hear it from outside as it is driven, sounds kind of odd inside. I reved it to 4k and the guys at the muffler shop said it was "LOUD!".

TPiS headers, 3" pipe to stock pipe to 2.75 X to 2.5 back to mufflers.

LMP is where I just got mine, they increased the price on the web right after my purchase.......
Old 08-24-2007, 12:28 PM
85 500 horse
Melting Slicks

I just got off the phone with the Corsa rep. He told me that Corsa is in the process of developing a new muffler system and it will fit the C4's. He said their new system will be cheaper than what they currently have out there.

Referring to their current system they have for sale, he said he is going to work up a "proposal" for us to look at. He said the $775 price he initially offered for just the mufflers was the price the computer "spit out." He said this weekend he will sit down and come up with a better price for us. Now I'm not promising anything, but hopefully, he'll offer us a good enough price that we'll jump on it. When he contacts me, I'll post the results.

Quick Reply: Corsa price