Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Beware Ecklers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 06:16 PM
myred86
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had great luck with Mid America, but I'm giving a shout out to the partsladi for their great product, prices and customer service.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:22 PM
LoveallVettes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sorry Officer
Been ordering from Ecklers for over 3 years and never a problem. Midamerica totally screwed me over so I have not gone back to them. Ecklers customer service to me was the best I have ever experienced last month. Very strange.
DAMN!!!!!! Just when we got us a good sized Lynch mob assembled and foaming at the mouth, along comes the level-headed stranger!!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 703 Likes on 590 Posts

i buy from ecklers only as a last resort - PEROID!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:40 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by LoveallVettes
DAMN!!!!!! Just when we got us a good sized Lynch mob assembled and foaming at the mouth, along comes the level-headed stranger!!!!
Maybe he just didn't get screwed yet!! His time will come....WW
Old 04-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by WW7
Echlers and Corvette Central are now carrying a lot of Chinese junk, I ordered a door sill and you wouldn't believe the piece of junk they sent.The plastic was rippled so bad out of the mold that the carpet was all lumpy looking and they shipped it anyway. I finally just repaired and used the old piece. Looks like we are going to keep getting more and more Chinese junk from these companys...WW
Try and buy anything that's not made in China, it's about impossible.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo
Try and buy anything that's not made in China, it's about impossible.
It's been that way for a long time.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Grumpy 427
Melting Slicks

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

I have had good luck with Ecklers, and just placed a $1000.00 order for suspension parts.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:57 PM
RedVette84
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got the wrong part from Ecklers. I called up and they said just send it back. I said what no return slip and aren't you going to send a return postage? The operator got a little huffy and said he have to turn it over to the customer service people.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:12 PM
larry00
Race Director

I've made three orders lately with Ecklers and other than being out of colored remote covers all went well.
They ain't cheap but service has never been a problem.
Never had a problem with MA either.
These days checks that are stolen or forged are a problem.
It can take weeks to catch a forged check and meanwhile the merchandise is already on the road.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:21 PM
LoveallVettes
Intermediate

This thread has turned into an impromptu "poll" of sorts on Ecklers customer satisfaction rating.....and brother,if I worked for E,I would be freshening up the resume!! It seems to be about 90% against them,which is somewhere between Enron Corporation and Bernie Madoffs outfit

I hope the vette brotherhood keeps weighing in on this issue,I would like to see where Ecklers stands when the smoke clears a little down the road........
Old 04-26-2009, 01:05 AM
psychodiagnostik
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same thing happen when I bought my wife's engagement ring. They told me their third party check security company indicated they shouldn't accept my check, which was from my credit union. I tried the same tactic you mentioned, I told them to go ahead and deposit the check, and I would pick the ring up in a week or so after the check cleared, but NO, they said they needed "another form of payment". In situations like this, where you're waiting anyway for goods/services why can't companies just suspend the transaction pending the transfer of funds?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Sweet 90
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Well it's going to make me think twice before I buy anything from them

Jim
Old 04-26-2009, 02:18 AM
Blak Z06
Racer

One bad phone conversation with them. ($700 order) and will never do business with them again..
Old 04-26-2009, 08:25 AM
stick105
Instructor

I don't waste my time with those large Corvette parts suppliers anymore. I buy from Davies Corvettes in Port Richie Florida. They are a small place and have anything that you can imagine that you may need I stopped dealing with the large guys because they dont care. Davies will always find the original ac/delco parts for me. It may take a day or two for them to get rare things, but after dealing with them for the last 3 or 4 years I gotta tell you these people walk on water. Give them a try.

John L.

http://www.corvetteparts.com/?yr=1984
Old 04-26-2009, 10:36 AM
jerryL98
Instructor

Dude, use your plastic! Nobody uses checks anymore! It's 2009 for crying out loud! With a card you will never have these kinds of frustrating problems. I'm sure Ecklers has been stung so many times by bad checks that they figure if you can use such an antiquated system they can be safe and make you wait why they make sure the money is there. Seems fair and good business.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:23 AM
LoveallVettes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jerryL98
Dude, use your plastic! Nobody uses checks anymore! It's 2009 for crying out loud! With a card you will never have these kinds of frustrating problems. I'm sure Ecklers has been stung so many times by bad checks that they figure if you can use such an antiquated system they can be safe and make you wait why they make sure the money is there. Seems fair and good business.
I said in my original post I do usually use plastic.They would not accept my debit card info for payment on the phone,like they do "credit" cards.I paid with one of THEIR accepted means.

Building a high credit score is like building a house.It takes a long time.It takes wise decisions.It takes sacrifice.To accomplish attaining a high score,to then be told you are not creditworthy,and to be given NO REASON for this decision, is Not "fair and good business" is it??

Furthurmore,as for checks,how do you make payment on those plastic charges when they arrive in your mailbox each month??Unless you give Visa and friends Carte Blanche to access your account and take payment in full,you Pay with a Check! Even in 2009.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:31 AM
mikeb
Team Owner

Received 179 Likes on 82 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C3 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Originally Posted by cam355aro
I got you one better. I ordered several parts from Ecklers recently and got the same day rush processing option. Two weeks later, my order was finally processed and I finally got my merchandise. When it got here, it was the wrong thing so I had to ship it back. I am still waiting for the merchandise to get here.

I NEVER will order from Ecklers again!
I ordered once from Ecklers, back in 1991.

No problem then.

Get notified of new replies

To Beware Ecklers!!!

Old 04-26-2009, 11:46 AM
betyelou
Le Mans Master

Thanks for the heads up, have a order ready to submit, water pump, opti and a few other things. Will look some where else now. Wonder if they realize what a bad name they are getting or due they even care. Would be nice if they could see the comments here. Seems in this resession that companies would be bending over backwards to maintain business and keep customers happy.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:04 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

lol my order was only $28 but i'm still never doing business with Eclkers

Not only did i put the order in Sunday night but they didn't process it till 4 days later. I don't know what kind of practice that is but you snooze you lose in my eyes.

And their $8 charge on shipping, which is flat rate, was SO overpriced for what i bought. Why not do individual shipping cost for items to save money for the customer? Shipping for my item could have been $4 max.

And they sent it in a box that was about 5 sizes too large.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:58 PM
LoveallVettes
Intermediate

CORVETTE PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS........ is the Ebay store that I eventually got my seat foam and leather from after the E problem....they have an incredible selection of rare interior and other stuff,generally about 2/3's of what E would charge.