C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

$1000 Bucks to Replace Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Tony A.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GREGGPENN
I had a Chevy mechanic tell me about rebuilt stuff when he recommended AGAINST using a $100 (NAPA) rebuilt brake master cylinder 10-yrs ago vs buying a brand new GM unit for $600. I used the rebuilt and it's still working. Fooey on you dumb mechanic.

But that's not totally relevant. Injectors aren't rebuilt to the same extent as most other parts. Their coils can't be replaced. So, rebuilt injectors wouldn't be the best for someone who is forced to pay for their labor. Not to fret though, because FIC sells new as well as rebuilt injectors. Try to find a shop that will use YOUR parts. (They will say no guarantee, but accept that).

OEM injectors (from GM) are $800ish). Accel, Bosch, and SIP injectors can be found for as little as $100 set. Get the price on the injectors down and the total cost shouldn't be too bad.

L98's are a PITA though (to get at injectors that is). Plenum and fuel rails have to come out for this process. I'd expect a good shop to knock this out for $300-$400 labor with the cost of injectors on top of that.

Good luck!

My mechanic, TachItUpMotorsports, said he'd do it for $600 parts/labor and I believe those are Bosch injectors.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:46 AM
JustCruzin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of good info and advice here. Nothing wrong with rebuilds. Take some suggestions and go with them..

Quick Reply: $1000 Bucks to Replace Injectors?