Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

For Sale or Trade Dana 44 - 3.91 ratio

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 PM
rklessdriver
Safety Car

Received 399 Likes on 262 Posts

Default For Sale or Trade Dana 44 - 3.91 ratio

I'm gonna try this again. I thought this was gone but due to me forgetting to mention the small pinion the buyers decided it wasn't what they were looking for. Please read the revised specifications, additional info and description. I want potential buyers to fully understand what they are buying and everyone to be happy with this deal.

Description:

This is D44 "chunk".

What your getting is the Housing, Gear set, Posi unit and Inner stub axels. Complete centersection, set up, assembled and ready to bolt in. Very good condition with no cracks, no stripped threads, ect.

Specifications:

Small sleeved pinion Dana Spicer 3.91 ratio gear set. 47/12 tooth count.

Posi unit has been rebuilt with new clutches and shimmed/tuned to an inch of it's life. Takes over 125FT-LBS breakaway before the clutches slip. Posi carrier has been deburred/windows polished and everything has been cryo treated. New Timken brgs, DTS shims ect.

Additional info:

This was a spare chunk that I picked up for temporary use in my 92 because of the conditon, brand of parts and amount/type of work done to it. I drove the car about 1500 street miles with it last season after I destroyed my 4.11 ratio chunk. Also I made a few (5) 1/8th mile drag strip passes on it at the end of last season.

Previous use (before me) judging from the wear pattern on the gear set is minimal. My 92 6spd went 7.30's at 98mph in the 1/8th mile (thats low 11's in the 1/4) with high 1.70 60ft times on 315 radial tire using this rear end.... All on video, I'll be happy to show you every pass I made on it so you can see it's not been abused. From the previous owner this unit orginally came from a ZR1 land speed/standing mile type car.

Conditions of Sale or Trade:

I have (4) FS/Trade options on this D44.

1. Willing to sell outright for $700 + shipping.

2. Willing to trade for stock D44 (gear ratio not important) as long as the housing, posi unit and stub axels are in good shape. Your D44 and $300. We both pay our own shipping.

3. Willing to trade for Stock D44 bare housing as long as it's not cracked and all threads are good. Your D44 and $500. We both pay our own shipping.

4. Willing to trade for Newmans Car Creations Bare D44 housing. Straight across trade. We both pay our own shipping.

Payment:

I accept FTF Cash In Hand, USPS Money Order, Personal checks will have to clear before I ship and (last resort) Pay Pal.

A reply in this thread and then PM me on the board is prefered contact.
Will

Last edited by rklessdriver; 09-06-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Tony DiChario
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear differential

I Have a 96 LT-4 with rear gears in the low 3s. I would like around 4.10 but 3.91 may be interesting. My Vette is stock. Dana 44 correct?
Old 10-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Tony DiChario
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony DiChario
I Have a 96 LT-4 with rear gears in the low 3s. I would like around 4.10 but 3.91 may be interesting. My Vette is stock. Dana 44 correct?
Hi Will,

What city and state are you located in?
Old 10-18-2011, 12:08 PM
rklessdriver
Safety Car

Received 399 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony DiChario
Hi Will,

What city and state are you located in?
Tony
I'm sorry. I forgot to update the thread but this was sold last month.
Will

Get notified of new replies

To For Sale or Trade Dana 44 - 3.91 ratio

Quick Reply: For Sale or Trade Dana 44 - 3.91 ratio