C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Taken the resonators off the Corsa?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 06:20 PM
bobmic93
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taken the resonators off the Corsa?

Thinking of having this done. Alittle louder and a little better flow, keeping the mufflers and cats on. What do you guys think? Will it be to loud? Is it even worth it? Anyone out their done this to their Corsa?
Old 05-24-2005, 07:37 PM
bobmic93
Melting Slicks

where you guys at?
Old 05-24-2005, 08:00 PM
TM-Z06
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I did this to my Corsas - removed the resonator, and added an x-pipe. It sounded very mean and aggressive, but it was loud, especially at 3000rpm. With the 4.10 gears, I was constantly in that rpm range, so it got annoying.

I ended up replacing the entire exhaust system. I now have Bassani, which resonates in the 1800rpm range.....but my gears keep me way above that
Old 05-24-2005, 08:11 PM
bobmic93
Melting Slicks

The guy who has my car now will weld in two straight pipes. I dont want annoying loud. Just a little more then what its at now. Sounds like you didnt care for the sound of it?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:00 PM
RichS
Le Mans Master

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

The Corsa reonator is just 2 straight through pipes in a box. (at least that's what it looked like to me). I had just the headers and Corsa and couldn't hear myself think. (had no resonance though)

This is how I quieted it down. I actually have the headers going into the factory catback w/stock resonator, and Corsa mufflers. I always get compliments on how the exhaust sounds.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:07 PM
bobmic93
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RichS
The Corsa reonator is just 2 straight through pipes in a box. (at least that's what it looked like to me). I had just the headers and Corsa and couldn't hear myself think. (had no resonance though)

This is how I quieted it down. I actually have the headers going into the factory catback w/stock resonator, and Corsa mufflers. I always get compliments on how the exhaust sounds.
Im not sure myself if its straight through or not . Mechanic told me they are resonators.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bobmic93
The guy who has my car now will weld in two straight pipes. I dont want annoying loud. Just a little more then what its at now. Sounds like you didnt care for the sound of it?
That's an expensive catback you are going to chop up. Why not reconfigure your OEM exhaust and sell the Corsa. Remember, your Corsa is S/S. Tell your welder. If there is a chance you don't like the new sound, why not just clamp it instead of welding? That way you can go back to your complete Corsa catback.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:31 PM
bobmic93
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Strick
That's an expensive catback you are going to chop up. Why not reconfigure your OEM exhaust and sell the Corsa. Remember, your Corsa is S/S. Tell your welder. If there is a chance you don't like the new sound, why not just clamp it instead of welding? That way you can go back to your complete Corsa catback.
Your right. I shouldnt chop it for being as pricey as it was. If I dont get the feed back from this thread that im looking for im not going to do it.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:00 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bobmic93
Your right. I shouldnt chop it for being as pricey as it was. If I dont get the feed back from this thread that im looking for im not going to do it.
Check this thread out: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...01&forum_id=48

I got a little creative with my OEM exhaust. I currently have a B&B catback which is great for normal driving, but I think this OEM system will make some noise. It's an easy swap out.

Get notified of new replies

To Taken the resonators off the Corsa?

Quick Reply: Taken the resonators off the Corsa?