C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Lightest C4

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 12:06 AM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Magnesium wheels save about 1/2 the weight per rim
Old 12-26-2005, 09:23 AM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys.

Don't forget one of the easiest ways to move weight around/off the front. Change the ride height of the front. I did this the last time out to the track with 2" taller front tires and WOW what a difference. My front tires were 26" tall and now are 28" tall. NEVER did my car pull wheelies like it did that day. I used to get ~6"-8" of lift, and with the new front tires it was pulling well over 1' to 2' wheelies - on a completely bare/unprepped track.

By simply going to taller front tires at rest the rear wheels have MUCH more weight on them, and upon launch the car transfers the weight much more to the rear wheels before the tires leave the ground, by about 1" - which is a TON in terms of weight transfer.

I saw an article on 4 wheel weight systems. They were able to put ~100lbs more on the rear left wheel by increasing the front right ride height by 3/4"

This is a very common method to even out the weight all 4 wheels see or to move the weight bias to the rear more. Its a little tricky without 4 wheel scales to really see what your doing, but I can tell you from my experience, without any other real efforts to remove the weight from my car that the 2" taller front tires were like night and day difference.

So don't overlook the easy changes that could add up to more than all the removal of things.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Red Rocket
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Selling my Lexan Rear Hatch if anybody is interested. Go to C4 parts for sale.

Quick Reply: Lightest C4