C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

More Hose Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2001, 09:56 PM
Nomar116
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default More Hose Questions...

Ok, So Im running WITH EGR but also with the breathless air pump eliminator. Im not going to reinstall the air solonoids and so Im trying to figure out where everything goes.... Do I cap off the fittings on the long tube headers? And if so How? Im going to just tuck away the electrical connectors to the air solonoid... I hope this doesnt give a code...

Also there are three fittings on the passenger side of the throttle body. One is for coolantand I will bypass this, I assume this is the long one on the bottom, another is for the PCV system, while the third confuses me.....

Yet another problem is alot of vacuum hoses... I have the Gm manual, but cant really locate any pictures of where the hoses go. I have three vaccum fittings by the fuel pressure regulator in the intake plenum, one for the MAT sensor, one for the regulator, what about the third? Ill have more later....

Paul

God Bless those that lost there lives Tuesday....
Old 09-16-2001, 01:12 AM
Nomar116
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: More Hose Questions... (Nomar116)

TTT
Old 09-16-2001, 03:42 AM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: More Hose Questions... (Nomar116)

Ok, So Im running WITH EGR but also with the breathless air pump eliminator. Im not going to reinstall the air solonoids and so Im trying to figure out where everything goes.... Do I cap off the fittings on the long tube headers? And if so How? Im going to just tuck away the electrical connectors to the air solonoid... I hope this doesnt give a code...
Not too sure here, I though a metal cap with some high temp sealent would work?

Also there are three fittings on the passenger side of the throttle body. One is for coolantand I will bypass this, I assume this is the long one on the bottom, another is for the PCV system, while the third confuses me.....
One tube runs under the throttle body/plenum, over the drivers side valve cover and plugs into another hose. This hose connects to the carbon canister which is mounted under the drivers side headlight. The point which both these tubes meet to connect at is on the side of the alternator, right next to the weather stripping around the wheel well.

as a side note there is also another much smaller rubber hose which is right next to this hose. The much smaller hose plugs into the drivers side of the throttle body, on the bottom. It has 2 pieces to the tube as well, just like the first one I described.

Yet another problem is alot of vacuum hoses... I have the Gm manual, but cant really locate any pictures of where the hoses go. I have three vaccum fittings by the fuel pressure regulator in the intake plenum, one for the MAT sensor, one for the regulator, what about the third? Ill have more later....
One goes to the MAP sensor.
One goes to the fuel ragulator.
the last one goes to the EGR solenoid which I think you are going to try and remove? cap it.

[Modified by bill mcdonald, 1:44 AM 9/16/2001]

Get notified of new replies

To More Hose Questions...

Quick Reply: More Hose Questions...